Ch.2

I woke up suddenly to a car door slamming and a glass bottle breaking. I quickly ran up to the window to see what was going on. I saw a boy, maybe 18 or 19, with a lot of tattoos, standing by his car in front of the house across the street. Wait! Is he my new neighbor? He looks like a really bad person but I can't judge. All of a sudden, I see the boy walk up to the house and scream at the door, telling them to open the door. Well, they didn't open the door and so he went back to the car and started swearing.

I decided it wasn't my business to be staring so I went upstairs to go to bed. I fell asleep that night praying that the boy wouldn't come into my house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, I ran downstairs to see if the car was still there. It wasn't. Yes! I was glad that it wasn't my new neighbor.

I then realized that I wasn't alone in my house because I heard a crash in the kitchen. I grabbed the closest thing to me, which was an umbrella, and slowly walked to the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen, I saw someone. I quickly made my way over to the person and smacked them on the back.

"Ow!" he screamed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Daddy."

"It's okay sweetheart. I made you pancakes, so if you want to get dressed and come and get breakfast, you can."

"Sure, I'll be back in a minute."

"Okay sweetheart. I love you."

"Yep."

I haven't said those 3 words since my mom died. I have had a really hard time trying to say those words because I don't think love exists anymore. If I ever say them to you, you must be someone special. The last time I said 'I love you' was at my mom's funeral. That was when I realized love didn't exist.

I went upstairs, changed into black leggings and an old hoodie. I went downstairs and my dad was nowhere to be seen. I ate my pancakes and went to the living room and turned on the TV. I heard laughing from outside, so I got up and looked out the window. My dad was talking with what I assumed are our new neighbors. I decided to walk outside and introduce my self.

"Steph, I'm glad your here. These are the new neighbors we just got," my dad said.

I looked at the family that stood in front of me. There was a mom, a dad and a girl who I would put in her early 20s.

"Hi sweetheart, you must be Steph. I'm Anne, this is Robin, and my daughter Gemma," she said with a smile and a British accent. Sweet! British people are my new meighbors. I decided not to make a big deal of it though.

"Hi, it's nice to finally meet you." I was so compelled to ask her about that boy but I didn't.

"Oh, sweetie it's my pleasure. I was just asking your dad if you two wanted to join us for dinner as a house warming party."

"Really? What did he say?" Knowing my father he probably would say-

"He said yes for you but he unfortunately has to work."

Of course, leave to my father to decide what I have to do and he just leaves me to make an impression of our family while he drinks.

"Ok when would you like me to come over?"

"How about 7?" She asked. I can see she was really happy about getting to know me so I easily said yes.

"Great, I will see you later than. It was nice to meet you too, Douglas!" She yelled to my dad as he started to walk away.

Once inside the house, my dad said goodbye to me and headed to the bar he worked at. He worked there all day and then when his shift ended, he stays there and drinks until the morning.

I decided to just read in my room for a while and just relax until I have to go to the neighbor's house for dinner..