Ch.13

Harry POV

I sit in the back of the ambulance with the other medical workers. I am restless. I can't think straight. Steph, the girl whom I think I love, is unconscious. I am holding her hand with tears streaming down my face. I am broken and soft for this girl. I wouldn't change a thing about it though.

John was arrested on the spot and his scheduled court session is next week. In the mean time, he is going to be in jail. Far away from my baby girl.

We reached the hospital and Steph is immediately taken into intensive care. I begged if I could go with her and was turned down. I waited in the waiting room, with my tux on, thinking about what my night could've been. I reached in my pocket and pulled out thing box. I was going to ask Steph for a promise. A promise to stay together. No matter what, nothing could take us apart.

But now, that was ruined. I wanted tonight to be perfect. There is nothing else in the world that I wanted more than Steph, now that she is in my life. Tears are now silently streaming down my face. I put my head in my hands when I felt a pair of hands on mine.

"Are you okay mister?"

I looked up to see a young girl, probably 5 or 6.

"No, someone I really care about is hurt."

"Oh, well is it your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, something like that. Now what is your name?"

"I'm Christie. What's yours?" she asked me. She had a lisp from her missing front teeth.

"I'm Harry. May I ask why your here?"

"Oh, I'm sick. I have brain cancer."

I just sat there a looked at her. This poor girl who is sick is comforting me. She should be the one getting comforted. I was pulled out of my trance when she climbed up and sat on my lap. She gave me a hug and I hugged her back.

"It's okay Harry. I am getting better. My doctor said I can go home soon because I'm almost done with it."

"That's good."

"What is that?" she asked pointing too the tattoo of a cross on my hand.

"That is the tattoo I got for my girlfriend."

"Aw, your really nice. To let you know, I don't find you scary."

"Thank you little Christie."

"Christie, it's time for bed," someone called, who I assume is her doctor.

"Okay, Dr. G. Bye Harry. I'll miss you," she said giving me another hug. She got up off my lap and walked to her room. She turned and gave me one last wave. I smiled and waved back.

I sat there and rested the back of my head against the wall behind me. Oh Steph, I need you in my arms. I miss her like crazy. He beautiful face, the way her hair flows, her soft gentle touch. I miss the way her touch made my heart flutter, her smile that lit up the room, and her kiss that sent my body butterflies. I looked at my watch and saw it was almost midnight.

I cried, hoping my baby girl is okay. I need her. My head was in my hands for the second time and was taken out of my crying state by a hand on my back.

"Are you Harry Styles?" I looked up to see a man in a white lab coat.

"Yes, sir."

"I'm Dr. Smith. You are with Stephanie Flinn, correct?"

"Yes."

"Well, we ran her test and she is in a coma. She was hit in the head multiple times and is also suffering a concussion. Everything else is fine. Nothing broken but she will be in pain. She is non-responsive right now. But, when someone is non-responsive like this, they sometimes can hear and feel their surroundings. They just can't open their eyes."

I was broken. Nothing was going right tonight. "Can I see her?"

"Absolutely, follow me."

I followed the doctor down a long hall. We came to a stop and he told me that her room was the last one on the left. I reached her room and stopped. I took a deep breathe and turned the knob and opened the door. I walked in and heard beeping. I walked further and to my left was the worst sight I could ever see and it broke my heart. Steph lying there, as beautiful as ever, unconscious. I ran up to her bed and knelt. I grabbed her hand and held it between both of mine. I cried and cried, praying she would wake up. I can't have her leave me. I need her.

The doctor walked in and stopped when he saw me.

"Son, are you alright?"

"I'm sorry, it's just that I-I think I love this girl."

He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Son, with the looks of it, your Steph her should be up within the next 2-3 days. Most people in comas don't wake up for a week or two. Steph is a fighter. Her condition wasn't as bad as we've seen. She's going to remember you, she doesn't have amnesia. She will be fine."

I looked at him and thanked him. "I take it you will be with her every waking hour," he said smiling.

"Oh, I'll be here. I'm not leaving her side."

"Your a good kid. When I first saw you, I was skeptical, but your a good one."

I nodded and he left. I went back to Steph and held her hand again. I was so desperate to look into her beautiful eyes. I leaned down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. I moved her body to the left of the bed and I placed mine on the right. I fell asleep next to her, hoping that she knew I was here, next to her, and hoped that I will be next to her forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph POV(in coma)

Harry.

Harry.

The only name that matters to me. I need him with me because I never needed anything more than before.

I felt someone grab my hand and I knew it was Harry. He sent sparks through my body with every touch. I felt water on my hand I knew he was crying. My strong Harry, the one who saved me, is crying.

I was moved and I felt him lay next to me. I want this so bad but there is nothing in my power to move. I heard his soft snores, knowing he was sleeping. That's all I need, is to know he is sleeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry POV

"Son, you can't sleep in the same bed as a patient," Dr. Smith said, waking me up. I looked at my watch and noticed t was a quarter after 9. I slept late. I looked at Steph, her peaceful face. I want her so badly to wake up.

"Sorry, sir."

"It's fine. Hey why don't you get home and shower."

"No, I'm not leaving her."

"Okay."

That day was just me sitting there, talking to Steph. I was whispering sweet nothings and hoped she could hear me. I was telling her much I loved everything she does. I miss her. I just sat and stared at her all day. It was finally 1 and didn't want to sleep. I need her to wake up. I don't want to sleep and her wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph POV (in coma)

I wish I could cry. I can hear everything. I heard all the things Harry said. He told me all the things he loved about me, which is everything. I wish I could be with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry POV

It's been 5 days. The doctor said 2-3. I need her. So bad. I never needed anything so much. I think I love her. I have never felt this way and I don't want it to go away. I haven't left her side once and I'm still in my tux and I smell. The doctor gave me some deodorant, which I happily took. I also was given shaving cream, an razor, aftershave and cologne. I didn't smell as bad as I could though.

I was holding Steph's hand and I felt her twitch. I didn't know what to do so I just held her hand tighter. I saw her body move and I was getting excited. She was waking up.

Her head started moving and I saw her whole body move. She moved her hand and wiped her eyes. She moved her hands back down and grabbed mine. She didn't open her eyes though. I called the doctor.

"What happened son?"

"She moved. Her body moved and she wiped her eyes with her hands and grabbed my hands. That's what she did but nothing else. No opening her eyes. Nothing."

"Well, our little girl is awake but she needs something. Let me get the painkillers. Maybe that will help."

"Okay. Thank you."

I went back to Steph and put my hand back to hers and with my other, started stroking her hair. The doctor came back and opened her mouth and injected the painkillers in her throat.

The doctor left and I just laid on the bed next to her for an hour, I whispered to her all the things I love about her. "Please wake up, baby girl. I need you."

I cried, me now kneeling next to her bed. Mg head was on her side, next to her stomach.

I felt a hand through my hair. "I need you too," a small voice croaked out. I looked up to see a smiling Steph.

I got up and hugged her gently. "Oh my God baby girl, I thought you weren't going to wake up."

"Well, I'm up now."

I looked at her, both of us with tears and she grabbed my head and pulled it to hers. She pulled my head to her and whispered in my ear, "Just to let you know, I love everything about you and I wouldn't change anything about you. You are you and that's all I want. I want you."

She pulled my head back and crashed our lips together. I longed for this. I needed this. With everything that has happened in the past week, this right here was perfect.