Here the Shadows Lie 9-10

Start from the beginning

In your face Damian!

I walked around still staring above me, it was like the zoo, when you look down under you to see fish or other animals. Except I was the animal, and the people couldn't see me, I could only see them. I could hear footsteps coming closer to where I was standing, and saw Damian gazing around. I decided to be a sneaky girl, and pop up behind him.

I jumped up far enough to go through the liquid looking glass, and came up behind Damian as quietly as I could. I tapped him hard on the shoulder, then transported to the couch, and laid in a lazy position.

I gave him a cocky smile," I guess the student should be training the teacher."

Damian gazed at me proudly with his sparkling crystal eyes, but shook it off immediately," I think your head is way too far up in those clouds, don't be cocky you still have a lot to learn."

I waved a hand up in annoyance," Yeah, yeah mister know-it-all. You're are so uptight!"

I skipped into the middle of the floor, and let my body twirl like the innocent child I used to be. The times when I wasn't a Shadow, or was without knowing it. Then again, it wasn't a horrible thing knowing who I truly was. Being a Shadow gave me different expectations for myself, and no boundaries to succeed. It was an incredible feeling, like I had finally reached a bit of actual freedom. It was kind of how I imagined turning eighteen. Like magically all the boundaries of adolescence would be released, never to be bothered with again. But I realized as I got older that it was just a lie, turning older didn't feel like anything, except the world was increasingly dropping on your shoulders. And I wasn't even eighteen yet! I still had until January 22nd to apparently reach my checkpoint in Shadow years.

Everything coursed my mind and one time. I fell to the hard ground, and gazed up at the ceiling. My life had changed in only a matter of days, I couldn't even explain how it happened, but it did.

Damian came over, and stared down at me, blocking my view of the nice ceiling.

" What are you doing?" he asked suspiciously, his eyes questioning my actions.

"Oh nothing. So how much more time do we have until Lori calls the police on me?" I solemnly queried.

I didn't want to leave as badly anymore, knowing that Lori was going to end up murdering me when I got home.

"You tell me," he cocked his head towards the clock built into the fireplace.

I squinted, trying to make out the time. It couldn't have been....I transported to the clock as my breath caught in my throat.

It was six o' clock, I was dead meat for sure.

"Damian, we have to leave like NOW!" I panicked hysterically.

I started to pace, I had never, ever done this before. I was the good teenager, the one who always obeyed, and stays at home during her free time for god's sake!

But that wasn't me anymore...

Damian didn't look too concerned, go figure. He sighed, and stretched his hand out to me.

"Hold on, and don't you dare let go."

My eyes went wide as I obeyed his command gratefully. My hand clasped his sending a deep electric shock between us. I stared at him for an explanation, but he didn't give me the satisfaction of glancing back at me.

He transported us back into my car.

Wait, did I just say he transported us into the car? I walked for nothing?!