Chapter 3

"Lauren" came a whisper from my throat. " Hey! I wasn't expecting you to be here? Are you here by yourself?"
Lauren smiled and replied " yeah I like to get away from it all every now and then and so this is my 'get away' zone so to say."
" Exactly why I disappear every now and again but then I have my mom on my back wondering where I've been and if I have Max with me. It all just gets a bit too much at times." I sighed.
" Yeah , trust me, I know exactly how you feel. Why don't you come into my recording room for a while and take a listen to what I have?" Questioned Lauren.
I thought for a second. Do I go in or just go home? Mom will probably wonder where I am. But then again she's probably out having dinner with Wilmer. Awh what the heck, Imma just do what I want.
" Yeah sure" I smiled.
Following Lauren , I entered a room similar to mines. With its dimmed lights and laid back features , I felt like I was at home.
"So, I started working on a piece of music." Said Lauren, " but I don't know how I feel about it. I mean I don't think I plan on releasing any music as a solo artist just yet because of the band. Look at Camila, having released that song with Shawn, all the negative feedback by the so called "fans" , gesturing with her hands in the air " I don't think personally I'm ready for that yet you know."
Sitting down on the swivel chair beside Lauren , I looked up and smiled " yeah, I feel you. Kind of why I don't release any of my own music. I feel as if people will just claim I'm trying to steal the limelight from my mom and dad. But I'm not. I was raised in this industry and it just feels like second nature to do what I love to do which is produce music and sing."
Looking up, I released Lauren was just staring at me. Sheepishly, I ducked my head. I could feel my cheeks fill up with redness.
" So , err, yeah, you you wanted me to listen to some music?" I asked trying to avoid her stare. Man that stare was like looking into an orbit of emerald. It was just so catching. You could get lost into her gaze.
Smiling , Lauren replied, " yeah , well I mean if you don't mind." And that smile. Boy oh boy. I couldn't help but smile myself.
"Oh course, let's see what the Lauren Jauregui is made of." I grinned. Oh shit, no no no , that came out way wrong.
Blushing, I remarked " Oh God no. That came out so wrong. I'm so sorry." Trying to laugh it off Lauren replied " haha no it's fine. It's all good. Jeez, I never knew you were like that Lovato." And with a wink, she turned her back and pushed a button.
Oh my God. What the heck is happening. I felt like I wanted to crawl right into a hole in the ground.
Within seconds, music filled the room. Within moments, a slow tempo started to built and the next thing I knew a raspy voice filled my ears. No words could describe how it felt. Her voice was amazing! The melody of the song bounced off the walls and the combination of her voice and the music was just something else.
Pressing a button, the music soon stopped.
"Well?" Lauren sheepishly said " What do you think?"
" That was incredible! I have to say I'm impressed." I grinned. "Not that I wasn't expecting it to be."
Shit, why do I always have to make things awkward.
"Haha, thank you." Laughed Lauren. "Is there anything that you would change to it to make it better?"
"Errr, let me have a listen to it again" I replied moving my chair beside Lauren's to where all the buttons sat.

There we sat for over an hour and a half playing the track over and over again. I kept adjusting things play by play. By 10:30, it was safe to say that we were both exhausted.
" Holy shit, is that the time already?" Lauren exclaimed , her eyes popping in her head.
"Well, as they say, times flies by when you're having fun' I smiled.
" They must be right then." Lauren said returning the smile , " I had great fun. I never knew you were so talented."
"Noo-" I was just about to say when Lauren interrupted me.
" No, for real. You need to let your music be heard by your name. Let your name be heard. And thank you again for helping me tonight. I seriously would have been stuck at the bridge."
I smiled. " Well, thank you for letting me listen to your music. You're really talented you know. I'd demand for more solos." I laughed.
Lauren look at me with a puzzled grin.
" Yeah, I see the tweets and the instagram comments. Your fan base is crazy you know. Like scary crazy but cool."
"That goes on 24/7 and that is not a lie. Yeah they're crazy but I wouldn't change them." Lauren replied.
" Awk, look at you being all cute." I remarked.
Throwing a pillow of the sofa , Lauren laughed " Shut up."
Soon an awkward silence filled the air. Not knowing what to say next, I just sat there smiling at the ground. I know. Lame. But if you were in the presence of this girl, you would know exactly how I would feel right now. Butterflies strangely were swarming my stomach.