Chapter 2

Feeling a creek in my neck, I opened my eyes and found that I was still laying on the sofa with a heavy weight strung across my stomach. Looking down I discovered that my mom was laying on her side with her arm flung on top of my stomach. Trying not to wake her up, I gently shimmied out of her grasp and wrapped the blanket around her.
Walking into the kitchen, I began to prepare breakfast. Quickly looking at the clock, I realised it was 9:30am.  "damn, who would've thought. I've woken before noon" I smirked to myself.
Today was a busy day. At 12:00pm I have to go downtown LA to visit Simon and discuss this new potential customer. At 3:00pm, I plan on going to lunch with dad seeing as Mom and Wilmer are meeting up to sort out another business investment of some sort. And at 5pm, I have to go to the studio to finish off working on Alessia's EP.
Returning to the stove, I was making some waffles.
Suddenly movement behind me had gotten my attention. Turning around, I noticed my mom coming out of the living room, tired eyed with her hair sticking up in various places.
" Eugh, remember me to never cuddle up next to you when watching a movie at night. I feel like I'm 80 years old. My fucking back aches." Groaned my mom.
" Good morning to you too" I returned whilst averting my gaze back to the stove.
Approaching the counter my mom came over and kissed my forehead.
" Good morning babe." She smiled
" mm, that smells good, what is it? Waffles?"
" Yeah , made from scratch. Cause yanno only the best for the best." I returned.
" Awh aren't you cute!" Grinned my mom.
Smirking I replied, " Oh shit, you think they're for you? Nah, the waffles are for me."
Turning around to face her, I couldn't keep a straight face.
" Language, Em" warned my mom.
" I was just kidding. " I replied sheepishly. " Do you want Nutella on top of these waffles?"

Soon breakfast was ate and the dishes were cleaned and put back.
I ran upstairs to my room and decided to get changed into my flannel, black skinny jeans and my white converse.  Brushing my teeth I realised that the time was 11am and decided to hit the road ahead because LA traffic time means leave a good hour ahead of schedule time.
Running back down the flight of stairs, I grabbed my car keys from the island in the kitchen. Quickly jogging into my mom's study, I hugged her from behind and said my goodbyes.

" I would be better off walking at this rate." I thought as the traffic was moving about 2 cm every 3 minutes. However the office wasn't that far away and so quickly the traffic moved on and so did I.
Parking my car in the carpark, I got out and put on a cap and sunglasses. Never can be too sure with the paps.
Entering the building, I went up to the receptionist.
" Hi, how may I help you?" Smiled Katie, (by reading her name tag.)
" Hey, I'm here to see Simon at 1" I replied.
" Go to the elevator. It's floor 16, room 45." She replied.
Walking away I questioned " Did she really just wink at me? Jeezzz"
Confusion embodied me but it was soon pushed at the back of my mind when I got off the elevator and approached the end room at the bottom of the hallway.
I always got scared approaching this room. Don't get me wrong, Simon is an old teddy bear when you get to know him behind them trousers pulled right up to his chest and them pearly, gleaming whites but the thought of working with another artist always frightened me.
" Well here goes nothing" I thought and tapped on the door and walked in.

Simon's office always amazed me. With views looking over the whole of LA and the well furnished spacious area, I felt at ease.
" Hello Emily, it's nice to see you again"
Hearing the english accent, I made eye contact with Simon smiling into his embrace. His body engulfed me considering I'm only 5 ft 3.
Pulling away , Simon pointed to the chair hinting for me to sit down.
" Now Emily, I know you're probably wondering why I called your mom to invite you up here unexpectedly and I thank you for returning my call at such short notice. But I assume you would much rather me shut up and get to the point? Well, basically I was contacted by this clients' producer to see if I knew anyone that would be talented enough to work on a new album for this group."
" oh shit shit. A group? Okok, that eliminates a lot of people but who the hell could it be?" Thoughts began to run through my head.
" So I began to think. And that's why you are sitting infront of me now. Emily I think you will be perfect with my group."
Suddenly the phone rang. Simon pushed a button on the phone and suddenly it was on speaker.
" They're on their way."