"Adam?" I whispered, poking him. His eyes flew open and jumped out of the chair.

"I'm awake mom!" He yelled and realized it was me. "Alesa! Don't ever scare me like that again."

"Sorry," I said and sat up a little. "What time is it?"

"Noon. I haven't been to work yet. John is filling in for me. Max, Ross and Stella are here also." He answered and pointed out the door.

"Adam, go to work." I said. He sat on the end of the bed.

"No, not with you here. They got to do some test just incase of infection." He told me and laid beside me. I scooted over so he could have some room.

"I can't leave you. No it's okay, Scott is even okay with it." He said, laying his head on the pillow. I feel so bad, he can't even work now. He loves  working, today is our date and I gotta get ready. I was able too say something when someone came in.

"Ah, Miss Alesa you're awake! How are you feeling, any pain?" He asked in a sharp British accent.

"Well, my hand hurts like a mother fucker. My head is pounding but overall great!" I said sarcastically. He laughed a bit and smiled. He has a sense of humor.

"I stitched your hand and when you passed out, yor  head bounced off the ground. Luckily your husband was there before it could bounce again." He said, unwrapping my hand. I liked at it and It looked pretty good. My palm was stolen and red but otherwise they did a good stitching job.

"When can I leave?" I asked, sitting straighter.

"Am I not good company," he asked, innocently. I laughed. "After we take a few tests and make you didn't give yourself a concussion. You can leave." He said and left the room. Only a couple more hours until I get to go on my date.

Stella P.O.V.

I left the hospital after I checked in with Alesa. She's fine and just wants to get out of there. I told Max that I'm going back to work, even though I'm lying I needed to get away from him. I picked up Danté from his house and we drove to the pawn shop. I can't believe I'm doing this but it's to help a brother.

"Whats wrong?" Danté asked when I parked the car.

"Nothing," I simply said and got out.

"Are we robbing this place?" He asked, closing the door. I looked at him i n disappointment.

"If we were robbing the place then I would have a plan. Come on, I'm better than that." I said, grabbing the box. He put his hands up in surrender and laughed. I rolled my eyes and walked into the shop.

" Stella? It's that you?" Will asked. William is a short, chubby man. He's very pale but has a great personality. He helped me with since projects I had back in the day. He was the one ergo made sure I didn't get caught and went to jail.

"Hey Will-I-Am." I said, laughing as he hugged me. I made that nickname up when I met him, he always hated it but that's what brought us closer.

"What are you doing here today? Or do you just miss all this," he said and moved his hands up and down.

"Same ole William. Cocky and stupid. But no I'm selling some old jewelry." I said, putting the box on the counter. He opened it and his eyes widened.

"You can't sell this. Stella, why are you selling your mothers jewelry." He asked in surprise. I sighed and jumped in the counter.

"Your selling your mama's stuff?" Danté asked. I sighed and looked at the ceiling.

"I have no other choice," I answered. "Gotta help you."

"I'll find another way. I can't let you do this," Danté said, closing the box.

"Danté, stop. I'm selling this. Will how much is all of it." I said, ignoring Danté's attempts. He sighed and counted it up.

"There's a lot of diamonds and gold in here. All of it is about $1000 but since you're doing this I'm going to throw an extra thousand." He said and grabbed the money. I can do this. I can do this. I can't do this. No I can.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure no one buys them," he whispered and winked. I smiled, he knows me so well.

"Thank you," I said and grabbed the money. "I'll visit"

"Stay out of trouble Danté." He said as we left the shop.

"Yes sir," he said and saluted him. I pushed his head and laughed.

"You too Stella." He yellled. I saluted him and smiled. He laughed and shook his head. "Get out of my shop" I waved and got in my car.

I can't believe I did that. My mom would be proud, I think. I helped a friend. No, I sold her jewelry, for money. I have away the last things I can touch of her. Please forgive me mom. If you can.

"Stella," Danté said. I glanced at him and started the car.

"I'm fine," I said and pulled out. I wiped my eyes, now noticing that I was crying. I grabbed the money out of my pocket and gave it to Danté.

"Keep the rest of you promise to stay out of trouble." I said, putting a smile on my face.

"I love you Stella. I'll probably be dead it it wasn't for you," he said hugging me.

"Stop it. You have a great father. He helped me through a lot when you were little." I said and hugged him back. He smiled and shook his head. He got out of the car when we got back to his house.

"Take care Stell." He said and waved.

"You too little man," I said and he walked off.

"You too."