Chapter:23 the battle to live

Carter pov:

I ran beside my dad and Jared as we raced to the Magical kingdom we had ran for six hours before taking a break and resting but I was in edge. Something didn't feel right, my mind instantly went to Eille he wouldn't do anything stupid right I thought as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Son, its gonna be okay", commented my dad.

"I just can't help but feel like something is wrong" I said looking into his wise eyes.

"Maybe it's just the  nerves", he said.

Maybe, I thought.

"Okay well take one more break we at the halfway mark", said Jake as he slowed to a stop.

I sighed as the wolves stopped as they panted.

"It will take a year to get there at this rate just beside its dusk, I might as well teleport us there", yelled Jared as he glared.

"What", we all yelled.

"Then why didn't you in the first place", said Noah as he glared.

"I thought it would be fun watching you all ran towards your objective",  he said calmly.

"I really hate you", replied Noah as he lured at Jared.

"As much as I want to let you hurt him we need him", said Kevin as he restrained Noah.

"Okay, don't get your panties in a twist all as well", said Jared as he rolled his eyes.

"Besides the feeling is mutual", he said turning away.

"You bastard", said the twins.

"Can we please stay focus for peaks sake Jared after the break your teleporting us", yelled Vin.

After the twenty minute break we all were teleported.

If I didn't no better it didn't seem like we were all marching towards our deaths. By the time we arrived it was dark. One of the warrior wolfs pulled out a map and gave out directions .

The plan was for us to split up group a consisted of Jake, Kevin, Maracle, Shadow and I we were the group to head straight towards the castle the right would deal with guards.

After we went over the plan agin we all said what we had to say before going our separate ways.
As we traveled in the shadows behind shops. I was sickened to see the kingdoms state. Sure you hear how bad sometimes and feel bad but it doesn't really kick in till you see it with your own eyes.

The town looked gray and dull. The town people walked around barefooted coughing and wheezing.

It had said that the king prohibited the use of magic to the town people.

"Here", said Jake as he pulled the pot hole cover off leading down to the dark nasty sewer.

"Ugh, man I'm gonna have to shower four times a day to get ride of that smell",whispered Shadow.

I grimaced at the thought as Jake  shock his head before he started to climb down the ladder.

I really hate this, I thought as I followed their lead down the sewer.

Once My feet touch the last of the sewer I jumped down and mental slapped my self as my wet pants leg hit my skin. Gross.

"Light", said Jared as he held up his hand. A bright light instantly creased his hand making the sewer illuminate.