Chapter 6

"How", I asked shivering when the night air hit me.

"You of all people should know how easy it's to find another wizards", he replied as he pulled me closer.

His body was warm against mine but that wasn't my main focus because if Nixon could find me and Adrian then my uncle could know where I was currently at also.

"Don't worry it wasn't that easy either", he said as he rubbed his thumb under my eyes.

Words couldn't form in my head I was just astonished at how I had been slacking with not only my powers but covering my tracks as well. A roar broke through the sky making me jump slightly at the sound. Rain drops started to fall down lightly making me curse to myself.

My black hair started to stick to my forehead and my clothes became damped.

"Here", said Nixon handing me his jacket.

I opened my mouth to protest but suddenly I saw Carter standing in the middle of the street, the street lights shined onto his face. I could have swore I saw a frown etched on his face.

"Ellie, wait Megan didn't mean that she's just having a hard time, come on lets go back inside", said Carter as he glared at Nixon.

"Carter", I whispered.

Nixon ignored Carter and raised his coat up and dropped it on my head to stop the rain from making me anymore wet.

"Hey, buddy we're having a conversation here", growled Carter.

I watched as Nixon turned to flick Carter off before grabbing my hand and pulling me down the street away form Carter.

"Let Ellie go", yelled Carter as his vines started to stick out from his anger.

"Your, an idiot if you didn't see how broken Ellie is yet you parade your relationship around in front of him like a cirrus, yet you expect him to come at your beckon call like some servant, how self fish", said Nixon as he  started at Carter as if he was a piece of dirt on the bottom of his shoe.

I let Nixon pull me down the street till we approached a black car. He pulled out a pair of keys and beeped the car. He then opened my door and closed it before he went to his side and jumped in. Through the whole ride I looked out my window as the rain now pored heavily onto the window.

"So, are you gonna give me directions to your house or do you want to go to mine", he said cocky with a smirk.

"Your, not cute enough for me to just allow you to jump into my pants", I said gasping at the end covering my mouth. Why did I just say that oh my goodness.

I watched as Nixon raised his eyebrow before he let out a chuckle like I had just told the most hilarious joke ever.

"Excuse, me but are you high if so please stop the car and let me out", I said while turning and putting my hand onto the door handle.