Chapter: 20

My heart dropped as I watched in slow motion as Carter lured at Demetri. I watched as Demetri dogged the attack and turned swiftly catching Carter off guard and slamming him into the hard wood floor splitting it it into two.

I just couldn't function how was Demetri here and how did he have unnatural strength last time I saw him he was human. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jake shift and bear his teeth.

"Come on puppy", said Demetri.

Jake growled he then attacked Demetri who then in turn kicked him causing him to whimper.

"Hey ass hole", leave my husband alone", hissed Vin as he glared.

I watched as he sighed as he ran his hands through his hair.

"This isn't going according to plan, look can everyone calm down I'm just here to get rid of some trash", he said smirking.

I looked over to Megan to see her shaking.

"No, No I can still be useful", she screamed.

"Sorry its not personal just business", he said not spearing glance.

"Not, a chance your gonna hurt her she's pregnant with my kid", said Carter as he sat up from the floor.

Silents struck before he broke out in laughter.

"Really, Megan pregnant thats impossible after all the King made sure of that especially since she's nothing but his whore", he explained as he whipped the corners of his eye.

"It's not true", she cried.

"Do I need to show proof, I mean she has probably been using some low class magic to trick you besides don't you people have a thing called mates", he said.

"Ah, there we go bells are ringing", well then say bye Megan",he said before he picked her up by her hair.

"Oh yeah I'll be seeing you lovely people again soon", he said before he disappeared.

The pack all seemed to break through their paralysis as they rushed towards their Alpha who laid on the ground breathing shallowly.

"Jake", cried Vin as the pack doctor checked him over.

"We need to move him towards the medical room now", yelled the pack doctor.

"Whats wrong with him can't he just heal",asked Noah confused.

"Not with his ribs and a puncturing lung", replied the doctor as he moved fast.

Why does all this bad stuff keep happening. I clenched my shirt as tears gathered in my eyes.
I don't wanna be weak and rely on others.

I stiffened when I was pulled into a chest.

"Its gonna be okay" , I promise.

I pushed Cater away and stared into his determined face. "How can you say that", I said as I shook.

"Because, when you mess with one of the pack members you mess with all of us and we'll be ready next time", he said as he pulled me back into his chest.

I looked down at my bump, it was going to be okay because I was gonna finish this  before my Uncle could harm anyone else I cared about.