Chapter 5

Hands held me down like chains holding me back but that wasn't going to stop me. A piercing scream emerged from my lips as my body caught on fire. Everything was blurry and the voices around me where distance. I could make out someone shouting before everything went dark. I sat up drenched in sweat, quickly I throw the covers over the bed running to the bathroom. Falling to my knees gripping the cold white toilet. When I was finally done I fell back onto the black and white tile staring at the ceiling.

A knock on the door broke me out of my thoughts, I  scrambled to get up walking out of the bathroom to the bedroom door. I sighed before opening the door there stood Vin and Noah both with frowns on their faces.

"Ellie, are you okay", asked Vin.

"I'm fine", I said stepping to the side so the two could enter.

"So, Vin and I got you another blind date but after yesterday events we understand if you don't wanna go out with the guy", said Noah as he sat down on my messy bed.

"No!", I shouted startling the two.

"Okay, whats up normally you would get mad and protest", said Vin as he raised his eyebrows in question.

"I-i just think its time to move on, you know", I said staring down at my hands.

"Okay, well his name is Josh", exclaimed Noah flinging his arms in the air.

"This guy is someone  well like for sure he's six foot, has a nice lean body and....", said Vin with dreamy eyes.

"Hey, you have a man", I said jokingly glaring at him.

"Yeah, well no one can compare to my man", said Vin with sparks in his eyes.

"Oh, you have to get ready your date is in thirty minutes and judging from the bags and vomit stain on your shirt you'll need a nice long bath, come on Vin we have to get to work", said Noah dragging Vin up from the bed and out of the room.

"Wait but its only eight thirty in the afternoon", I wined.

"Sweetheart, it's actually four o'clock, thats clock is broken and before you complain about clothes Noah and I got you covered", said Vin winking at me before he was gone.

 Dragging my feet along the wooden floors I went into the bathroom  and took a nice hot shower. After I was done I wrapped a towel around my waist. I still felt uncomfortable in the pack house so washing here was like  a bomb shell. I turned to a  large body rectangular  mirror that I hadn't notice till now. In the mirror was a boy who looked no older than nineteen with dark bags under his eyes. His eyes that use to looked so innocent and curious now looked dead and broken.

A gasp escaped from between my lips when I saw a faint outline of a star on my shoulder. I dropped to my knees with big wide eyes, it couldn't be. I shakingly reached up to the outline lightly touching the piece of skin on my shoulder blade.  I Hissing at my fingertips touched the skin, it  felt like I was holding my fingers onto a hot skillet.