Chapter 20

"What the fuck is going on?" I said as we drove off.

"My mom and sister are in the hospital."

"What? How?" I asked really confused.

"I don't know!" He said kind of shouting. We sat in silence as we drove to the hospital. When we arrived we were seated in like a waiting room thing. We sat in silence until finally, Connor said something.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier."

"It's okay. I know you're kind of stressed and all that right now." I said looking at the floor. A tear fell from my face.

"Taylor..." He said grabbing my chin and lifting it so I was looking into his eyes. "Please don't cry. Because then you're going to make me cry." He said, years welling up in his eyes.

I sniffled. "Do you love me?"

"Of course I love you. I wouldn't trade you for the world." He said with a faint smile.

"I love you too." I said as I pulled him in for a hug. He hugged me back until the doctor came in and disrupted our moment by pulling Connor to talk to him. I just sat there in a room with sad people, which was not making me feel better. I pulled out my phone. I missed my best friend. I texted Joey.

Me: Joey. I miss you.

Joey: how's Minnesota?

Me: horrible.

Joey: why?

Me: can't talk now. Sitting in a hospital.

Joey: hospital?

Me: call you later. xx

I locked my phone and was sitting on twitter until Connor came back. He was crying. We got back into the car and drove home. We sat down and Connor tried to vlog as best as he could.

"Hey guys. So, I'm sorry but...I don't think I'll be able to come back to California for a bit. Something happened, and it's just...I don't know if I'm ready to tell you guys what happened. But I'm sorry to say that I can't make it to Vidcon on friday, at least I think I won't be able to make it. I'm sorry for that too. Also I'm sorry for crying in this video, I really tried to be strong for you guys, because a lot of you look up to me, but I'm just really sad right now, and I think I'm just going to watch Netflix with Taylor, and go to bed. But I'm going to end the vlog here, so...bye." He said as he covered the lens with his hand.

We ended up watching some breaking bad, and Connor fell asleep about 30 minutes into it. I didn't want to wake him, so I just left him on the couch and walked up to his room. I needed to call Joey anyways. It was midnight, and I was wondering if Joey had fallen asleep yet, probably not because he stays up until 3am watching anime, so I called him. He picked up in 2 rings.

"Hiiiiii." He said right away.

"Hey Joey."

"So explain everything."

So I told him everything that happened and finally he said he had to go because he was tired. So I fell asleep in his bed at like 1:30.

***

I woke up at 9 and decided to go get my things from my parents house. So I drove over there, which was just a 5 minute drive. I grabbed mine and Connor stuff and drove directly to Connor. He was still sleeping, so I just left his things next to where he was sleeping and grabbed his iPhone which was on the kitchen table. I opened 'notes' and wrote him one.

Went to the airport. I love you and don't die while I'm gone 💙Taylor

Then I set it next to him and drove away to the airport.

***************