Rainy Night

He stood in the pouring rain, a dark grey hoodie pulled low over his eyes. A formidable shadow was casted behind him, spewing over the shrubs and sidewalk. His hands were resting comfortably in the denim pants pockets. They were covered by a pair of black leather gloves. Not only to keep them warm but to make sure no evidence was left behind.

His body otherwise was soaked and he couldn't help but shake like a wet puppy in the torrents of rain. The man however still concentrated on his task at hand; concentrated on the girl in the restaurant across the street.

She was seated around a table covered with a white tablecloth. Her elbow rested gingerly on the table, the hand of the same arm held a silver fork with the last piece of her favorite desert on it; red velvet cake.

Slowly in an almost teasing manner to her date, she placed the treat in her mouth savoring the cake. She chewer even slower and her cheeks flushed pink when she realized her date was staring intimately at her.

Pity she didn't know that he wasn't the only one.

Leaning closer to her, her date whispered something that must have been very naughty as Rachel's hazel brown eyes widened and her cheeks flushed lavender.

The suited man in his moment of ultimate triumph carelessly knocked over a glass of red wine which drenched Rachel's brand new peach dress.

The man froze, his expression hidden from the hooded man. However the man in the hood could see Rachel's, it was one of disappointment, disgust and anger.

Rachel immediately flew up from the chair, clutch in hand and was in the process of storming.
Mr careless took long strides to catch up with her and caught her by the hand.

Oh brother you shouldn't have done that.

Rachel's eyes lit up and a glimpse of the monster concealed beneath could be seen.

Thwack!

Mr Carless received a well manicured slap across his face which sent him reeling back. His balance was disturbed which led him to crash into a waiter and they both fell into a potted plant.

Murmurs of onlookers reached the hooded man ears.

'Typical Rachel' he thought. 'Always causing a commotion from the simplest of things.'

Not waiting to see what would happen, Rachel stormed out of the restaurant into the rain leaving her mink coat behind.

The night was ruined.

The journey back home was a lonesome one. The rain eased up as the taxi rolled to a stop at Rachel's gate. The hooded man drove past and turned into a driveway three houses down. The picket fence property was rented just for this occasion.

The man jumped out and made his way to Rachel's house and using a key he keyed, let himself in.
A low light was being emitted from the bathroom where the tub was being filled. He picked up the distinct voice of Rachel and smiled.

God, he missed hearing her voice.

She was naked of course. People usually are when they are taking a bath. The hooded figure stood at the door and enjoyed the beauty of Rachel.

Sweet, sweet Rachel.
After a while, Rachel must have noticed she was watched.

Maybe it was her instinct.

Maybe it was the hair that rose on the back of her neck when she was scared.

Maybe it was the shadow that the hooded man casted on the tiles.

Whatever it was, it damned well killed her.
Her heart pounded when she saw the man and her hands flew around covering her exposed areas.

"Who are you?" Rachel nearly screamed.

The hooded man drew down the hood and showed his face. "Hello Rachel."

Rachel breath spelled relief when she exhaled.

"Oh! It's just you!" She said laughing.

Her laughter died down after she really thought about it. How did HE get in here?

The man who had been watching her from night stepped towards the naked figure when her facial expression changed.

Scared she asked, "what are you doing here?"

"I'm with the water company, they said you had a problem." The man replied, as he moved again.

Rachel stepped back and almost fell, "I don't have a water problem."

The man appeared perplexed and stopped but then said, "You do now."