Chapter 7

Lucy's POV

"MAGIC!?"

Everyone other than us mages were either rendered speechless or kept blaberring about how it was so cool to have traveled from our world to another one. My explanation does not seem to suffice with their curiosity ringing out like that though.

Questions soon flooded in towards the three of us, the mages from Magnolia. Asking how it looks, the people, and their abilities are the like.

Of course, we answered as much as we can. Soon enough it was already night time, the moon surprisingly visible through the sea water. How fantastic this sight is.

As I glanced at Wendy and Juvia chatting away with the crew members, my eyes traveled around and viewed the beauty of the underwater island.

When we traveled towards it, we were welcomed by people. Yes, there were a lot of people. Just like a typical island there were of course a few buildings, houses, and stores to buy food from. It was hustling and bustling with happy and energetic people.

To be able to breath, the island was covered with an enormous air bubble. Truly, it was astounding how people went with their day to day lives living underwater.

"Hey Lucy!"

Upon hearing the captain's voice I immediately tilted my head to look at him.

"Oh Luffy! What's up?"

He flashed a toothy grin and stood by my side.

After that, the both of us never did spoke a word and enjoyed the comfortable silence dawning.

A few seconds later and a sigh escaped his lips, his figure proceeding to lay down on the floor.

"Neh Lucy. I wanna know more about your world."

"Its just like your world really, except for the fact that we use magic. Ah and it is limited. You see, we use the ethernano in the air which is kind of a fuel for us so that we could use it as magic. Wait.. Do you even understand what I'm saying?"

I gave him a glance and he was beaming while shaking his head.

"Nope! I didn't understand every word you said!"

Well, for someone who didn't understand he seems happy.

Letting out a sigh, I reached out for one of my pigtails and twirled it around my finger.

"Ah! How about the keys? Tell me what they can do!"

Once again I was overwhelmed with his joyful outburst. His curiosity clearly over the roof which is why I brought my keys out and introduced them to him. Of course, I didn't summon them clearly because I didn't want to be drained of my magic.

As I was explaining, I noticed that his eyes kept on glancing at my foot. It was a bit swollen but I didn't mind it that much since I can still walk fine I guess.

"Does it hurt?"

His voiced laced with worry and concern that I felt my heart skip a beat. What a nice captain he is.

I gave him a reassuring smile and looked at my foot.

"A bit, but at least I can walk fine. There is a strain but I am fine. It's not something serio-"

"Chopper! Can you fix Lucy's foot?"

Before the rain deer could proceed, Wendy raised her hand.

"I-I'll help Luffy-san!"

As the two arrived at where they're situated, Wendy raised her hand at Lucy's foot.