Chapter 6

No one's POV

The whole crew stared in awe as the island came into view, the clouds that are surrounding it started to clear out. As the sun washed its rays over the island, it gave off a golden glow astounding its spectators.

It almost seemed...magical. Eyes sparkling in curiosity, the celestial mage let out a yelp of excitement.

"Wow.. The island looks like it came out of a story book." The sky maiden commented in awe.

Unbeknownst to their knowledge, something dangerous awaits for their arrival.

I feel uneasy.

The ginger head navigator thought as a burgeoning feeling of fear settled on her stomach. Her eyes narrowly gazed upon the peculiar island.

"Oh! Something weird is going on with it."

The captain pointed out as pure amazement laced off in his words.

"Its.."

Narrowing his eyes, Chopper saw a mist like substance by the shore which surrounds the island. A huge sea monster was circling around it. Sanji doing the exact same thing as the reindeer had his eyes open wide upon witnessing a peculiar event.

"T-turn around, NOW!"

The island shifted ever so slightly and killed the sea monster with the misty substance dancing around the air, its core expanding into a giant salivating mouth bearing deadly canines before devouring the dead creature, ripping into its flesh with an almost juicy sound.

Stunned with the bloody scenery, the crews' eyes were filled with terror and shock. Their trance broke when a terrified scream filled their senses.

"T-taskete!"

"Lucy!"

Hearing Juvia's distressed panic, Luffy immediately rushed over to pull the celestial mage back their ship as a large vine wrapped itself around her leg. He extended his hand and circled it over her waist before enlarging his fist, punching the life out of the carnivorous plant.

"Let go of Lucy!"

Luffy grabbed a hold of the vines and tried to untangle it from Lucy's foot but it wouldn't budge.

"Its a living being.. The island!"

Usopp despite stating the obvious as they are witnessing it, gave the straw hats a wake up call and immediately got into a battle stance as Franky headed down the ship's controls for Coup de Burst.

"Franky hurry!"

Nami could only exclaim as Zoro cut down the thick vine wrapped around Lucy's leg.

"Arigatou..Kngh!"

Noticing the slightly swollen leg of the blond maiden, the black haired captain fixed the way how he held her. Putting an arm under her back and leg, he brought her up to his chest before fiercely staring at the monster.

"How dare you hurt her..Franky, stop the plan for escape. We'll finish this thing off."

"D-demo Luffy!"

As Luffy put the female down, he gave her a reassuring smile before glancing at the swordsman and cook.

"Zoro, Sanji. Let's go."

As soon as his words were heard the three headed for assault, charging at the living island with punches, kicks, and slashes. It didn't take long before it quivered and became unmoving.