Chapter 27

Wow guys, this story is about to finally wrap up soon.  It seems crazy to me that I'm about to finish writing another book.  It probably won't end for roughly about five or more chapters, but I'd still like to thank you all now for your love and support.  Thank you:).

I hope you enjoy this chapter!  Oh, and also this chapter will be in 3rd point of view, centered around Kaien.

~Ashlee

〰〰〰

Kaien's P.O.V.

Sadness washes over Kaien like a tsunami as he watches Hitomi disappear through the darkness.  He's seen that same determined, hateful gaze before on himself when he was a younger, more inexperienced vampire hunter. 

So, one thing he knows about it is that there is no way chasing after her will do anyone any good.  The only way to keep Hitomi alive and save Eri is if Kaien takes things into his own hands.

And that means enlisting the assistance of some of his oldest friends. Juri and Haruka Kuran.

He just hopes that they will be able to help him.  Without their help, Kaien isn't so sure things will turn for the best.  Without them, he isn't so sure he, Hitomi, and Eri will survive the night.

Kaien takes a deep breath and grabs his things, before disappearing into the darkness himself.

〰〰〰

The violent fall wind whips at Kaien's light blond hair, causing his ponytail to fall loose and the escaped strands to fly all about.  However, Kaien hardly even notices.  He is too focused on his objective.  Getting through the dense woods to Juri and Haruka Kuran's mansion.

Dead leaves crunch under Kaien's boots as he steps over a large fallen branch.  He winces at the noise.  He cannot help but be cautious.  The night is dark with there being only a sliver of light from the silver moon, it is the perfect night for level e's to be on the prowl. 

Kaien continues on his way, heightened senses looking and listening, but not seeing or hearing anything.

Crack.

Kaien swiftly turns towards where the noise came from, sword already poised and ready for a fight.

Instead of a level e, young Kaname Kuran steps from the darkness, longish brown hair falling into his angelic face.

Kaien visibly relaxes at the sight of his friends' son's appearance.

"Hello, Mr. Cross." The vampire boy greets with a polite smile. "My parents told me to come and escort you to our estate."

Kaien grins. "Yes, thank you very much!"

At that the blond follows the younger boy through the woods towards the Kuran estate.

"You have grown since the last time I saw you, Kaname. How has your family been?" Kaien inquires.

Kaname shrugs nonchalantly. "They have been doing well. Mother and father have been busy with work and Yuki has been learning more about being a vampire.  As for myself, I have been studying as well."

"That's good!" Kaien smiles widely at the mention of Yuki, she is one of the cutest little girls he had ever seen. Tied with Eri of course.

At the remembrance of the stolen little girl, Kaien feels a sadness poke at his heart. In the short time he's known her, he's grown to love Eri like a daughter.  And despite Hitomi's
un-lovableness, he has grown to deeply care for her as well.