Chapter 13

Hey guys! It's my birthday! :D I have to admit that I'm kinda excited, haha. Anyways, I hope you all have an awesomely fantastical day!

~Ashlee💕

Part two of Hitomi's story:

"When I awoke there was blood everywhere, only some of it was my own."

My head pounded painfully as I forced myself to a sitting position. Through my blurred vision I saw two bodies laying in pools of crimson. One was on the stairwell and the other was near the center of the room. Another shape registered in my mind as my grey eyes searched the room in horror.

A small and thin shape crouched on the floor, hands stained in the color splattered everywhere. The shape looked to be lapping something off of the floor with its tongue.

Blood.

"E-Eri?" My scratchy voice asked softly to the shape.

The shape turned and I saw that it was Eri. Her beautiful brown eyes were now a shade of maroon. Red painted her mouth.

"H-Hitomi!"

Tears formed in her eyes and fell down her cheeks in rivulets. "It hurts!"

She lifted her face to the ceiling, wailing inhuman sounds. Her dark brown hair now away from her face, I could see two bloody spots on her neck.

"She had been bitten." I gulp, rubbing my dry eyes. "I wasn't able to protect her."

I was scared, more scared then ever before, but my love for my sister was greater than that.  Through my pain I crawled over to her and held her close to me.

"Just kill me."  My little baby sister cried. "God it hurts!"

"No. I won't kill you, Eri.  I won't."

"Kill me!"  She screamed, shoving herself away from me.  "I'm a monster!" She gestured to the blood everywhere around the room and the torn up bodies of our parents.

"Upon waking as a vampire she could not hold her thirst. It sent her into a hungry rage which caused her to rip open our parents' corpses and drink all the blood she could from them."

"You are no monster, Eri Yamaguchi. You just did what you had to do to survive. And you will survive, this I promise. We'll figure this out together."

I held her, my Sweet, to my chest as she broke into violent sobs. And I was right there along with her.

"For the next years Eri and I searched for answers on how to save her from falling to the dreaded level E that we had only heard of in our lessons. During that time I did indescribable things to keep her thirst at bay. When she dried our parents of their blood I let her take mine, but it did not last long. I grew so weak.

"If I keep drinking your blood I'll kill you!" Eri shouted, denying me when I offered her my throat to drink from.

She tried to hide it, but I could see how much it physically hurt her to deny the chance to fulfill her bloodlust.

"I don't care if I die! Don't you get that I don't?"