Chapter 21

Hello to you all! I just wanted to say that this chapter will be in 3rd person omniscient.  That means that it will be in 3rd POV and the reader will be able to see the different characters thoughts. 

I wanted to try my hand at writing in this point of view and I thought that you would all enjoy seeing the different thoughts of all the characters. Tell me what you think please and as always I hope that you enjoy!  Happy Super Bowl night to all you fellow American's out there!

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰〰

3rd Person Omniscient POV:

Water and bath bubbles fill the tub nearly to the top. Some of the water sloshes over the edge and on to the floor, Aunt Yumi will clean it up later.

Eri splashes happily with a big smile on her face. Not only is her mother back, but she's here to play!

The little girl giggles, watching her mother's face as she carefully kneads shampoo into her daughter's hair. Hitomi smiles softly down at her daughter, before continuing concentrating on her task.

How Eri loves the feeling of her mother's touch and warm smiles.

Eri becomes sad for a moment. She wishes she can feel it more often, but her mommy is away a lot. Suddenly a question pops into the silver-eyed girl's head.

"Mommy?" She asks softly.

"Yes, angel?" Hitomi asks whilst gently rinsing Eri's sudsy hair.

"Why do you leave all the time? Why can't you stay? I miss you." Tears begin to form in her silver eyes and trickle down her cheeks, mixing with the water.

At her daughter's tears Hitomi begins to panic, unsure how to answer her daughter and soothe her. After a moment of stumbling through her alarmed thoughts, Hitomi speaks. "I'm very busy, Eri. But don't be sad, I'm here now."

Hitomi can't help but recall saying that last sentence to her daughter the last time she saw her.

When will my excuses stop working?

"O-okay, mommy." Eri says quietly.

That happiness that surrounded Eri earlier is no longer there.  Instead she feels sullen.  No more water spills over the tub, because there isn't a child's happy splashes to make them.

Why doesn't mommy stay when I love her so much?

After her bath Eri is able to gain some of her prior good nature and even smiles when telling her mother what clothes she wants to wear.

"Okay, sweetheart."  Hitomi says.  "Go run along, it's my turn to get cleaned up."

Immediately Eri pouts and attaches herself to Hitomi's leg.  She doesn't want her mommy out of her sight.

Hitomi sighs but laughs nonetheless.  "Fine you can sit in the bathroom while I shower."

Eri grins happily, detaching herself from her mother's leg and scurrying back to the bathroom.

Once Hitomi is done showering she stands awkwardly with Eri in Aunt Yumi's room. Her Aunt had told her that she could wear anything she wanted. But it's not like Hitomi knew what to wear. She's used to wearing her vampire hunter clothes and pantsuits on special occasions, not the girly things in Yumi's closet.