Chapter 22

*****IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!!!*****

Hey guys!  I'm sorry this chapter took awhile, I know some of you were asking for an update and I'm sorry it's late.  It's just that when I finally sat down to write I got a serious case of writer's block.  However, thankfully today it all came back and I was able to sit down and write a chapter much longer than usual. 

Before you read please note that this chapter is in third point of view --I hope none of you mind.  Also, towards the end of the chapter Aunt Yumi tells the characters a fairytale.  That fairytale is completely of my own making, it had nothing to do with actual facts in Vampire Knight.  I just made it up.

However, I really liked what I did with the fairytale and I'm actually considering possibly making it into an original story.  What do you all think?

As always please leave me your comments on your thoughts and opinions on the story so far.  I'd love to hear them!  Thanks, that's all!

~Ashlee

〰〰〰

3rd P.O.V:

"Arg matey!"  One of the twins call from the opposing "ship" --really it's a fort of pillows.  "I'll make ye, Captain Eri, walk the plank!"

"Not if I capture your fort first!"  Remarks Eri with a big smirk.

Hitomi smiles quietly,  watching from her and Aunt Yumi, oldest son, Kiku's "ship."

There are three pillow forts stationed around the living room, each a captain's "ship."  Kaien is the captain of the "ship" in the left corner.  His crew is made up of the two twins, Soshi and Yuto.  At the right is Captain Kiku's ship with Hitomi and Aunt Yumi's youngest, Rento.  Eri is captain of the ship at the opposing wall and she is without any actual crew besides her made-up pirate ghosts.

"Ghosts, attack!"  Eri screeches, letting loose her crew of ghosts.

"Oh no!" Soshi yells, fighting a pretend ghost, they're taking over the ship!"

Next to Hitomi, Rento stumbles to his feet and evades the attack of one of the ghosts.

Eri giggles and brandishes her wooden sword, ready for any attacks on her "ship."  At her daughter's laughter Hitomi chuckles.  The sound of her own laughter surprises her.

....it feels....nice.

"First mate!"  Kiku says and then shouts when Hitomi doesn't answer,  "First mate Hitomi!"

The woman wakes from her thoughts and looks at the boy.  "Yes?"

"Go and attack Captain Kaien's ship while they're distracted with the ghosts.  I'll take on Eri."  Kiku orders, his voice brave and sure.

"Okay."

Kiku sends her a look.

Hitomi rolls her eyes, but responds properly nonetheless. "Aye aye, Captain."

At that she stands from her position on the floor and taking her toy gun she leaps into Captain Kaien's "ship" to find only Yuto and Soshi struggling against their invisible opponents.