Chapter 3

Hi!:) I have decided to update every Wednesday so I can make room for my other story Hero's Journey. Maybe I'll add in another update day in the future, but for now it will be Wednesday.

Also, above is a picture of what I imagine what Hitomi looks like, except her hair is shorter. And yes I realize it is Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan XD But it was the closest picture I could find that resembles her.
Thanks that's all!

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰

Glass crunches beneath our boots. Not a speck of blood or struggle.

For now.

So, far it just looks like an ordinary break and entry, but of course that isn't the case. Somewhere in this mansion, just nights ago, a vampire or vampires invaded this house and sucked all the blood out of the vampire hunters that lived within. In this case there were no survivors, there usually aren't.

Kaien treads beside me, his hair down and his glasses tucked away in his trench coat. He's quiet, uncharacteristically so. At least I know he can ditch his over the top personality in times of need. It is a small relief.

"This way." Kaien suddenly says, causing me to tense in readiness for a battle.

Immediately I relax. "How can you tell?" I raise a brow, following the boisterous hunter nonetheless.

"Instincts." Is his terse answer.

It's answer enough.

I trail behind Kaien as he leads the way forward. Suddenly the blond stops in his tracks. If my reflexes weren't so sharp I would of crashed into him.

"What is it?" I ask, annoyance lacing my voice.

"It happened in here." Kaien says quietly, his eyes looking like dull pennies.

I look at the hunter skeptically. Having reliable instincts is one thing, but knowing without a doubt where something happened is another.

Without another word Kaien turns the doorknob and steps inside. Having no choice but to follow the idiot I go in after him. Only to see.....to see that he's right.

Puddles of blood stain the grey carpet. The bodies are gone, taken away for the proper respects. But still the blood remains, having yet to dry or fully dissolve into the carpet. There's too much of it for that.

Worse still we are not alone. Three level Es kneel on the ground, desperately trying to lap up the blood. Upon hearing us, all three vampires pause and look up at us, cold eyes shining with hunger. Blood drips from their faces but still their hunger is not sated. A level E's hunger never ends. I would know.

"Grab your weapon, but do it slowly. We don't need them leaping at us once they see we're a threat."

Red anger flashes through me. I know how to do my job and I do it damn well. I don't need this childish bastard telling me how to do it.

However, I do not defy his order. No matter how much I wish to, the advice is solid. Something I would of done anyway without him saying anything.

My hand slowly reaches for one of my guns at the holster around my waist. In one fluid motion the gun is in my hand, ready for use.
Kaien in turn has a long deadly looking sword dangling from his hand. I hadn't even seen him unsheath it.

The three level Es grin at us invitingly. However, the left one's eyes dart to our weapons. The grin dissipates and a snarl rips from its throat.

This one recognizes a vampire hunter weapon, the leech must of bested or ran away from a hunter before. He will be dead soon enough.