Chapter 2

Nearly a half hour of waiting.
The loss of time burns me like a scorch.
Where the hell is that idiot?!

"Mr. Makishima, do you wish me to go on without Mr. Cross?"

My boss shakes his head, scowling at me. "Keep patient, Yamaguchi."

I narrow my eyes at the hypocrite. The only time this bastard knows patience is when there's someone higher up on the food chain than him.

After a moment I tug on my leather jacket. "Where is Mr. Cross staying? I'll go give him a wake up call."

"You will do nothing of the sort, Yamaguchi! Mr. Cross works much and needs his rest. It's understandable that he's late."

Usually I would shut away my opinions, but at this moment I can't care less. Ignoring my boss's threats I stomp out the door and into the main entrance. The lard doesn't bother to follow. Once you get high up enough you don't bother actually working like those working under you. This I have seen from Makishima himself.

"Where is Kaien Cross residing?" I ask the red headed secretary at the front desk, she's the same one I saw last night.

"I don't think I'm allowed to give out that information, Miss Hitomi."

"I'm his partner." I supply.

She fidgets nervously, but my steely eyes on hers is enough to kick her into gear. The secretary promptly takes out a shred of paper, scribbling down Kaien's address before handing it to me.

"Thank you." My words do not sound grateful, nor kind. But then again they rarely ever do.

The girl nods and then nervously makes herself busy with some paperwork scattered across her messy work space. I peer down at the scrap, decoding her equally messy scrawl.

Hm, the Blue Blossom hotel. It's one of the fanciest hotels around, of course someone like Kaien Cross would pick something so extravagant. No doubt he gets payed better than the rest of us due to his skill.

Pocketing the note I wonder away from the "insurance" building and hail a canary yellow taxi.

"Blue Blossom hotel and be quick about it." I press some yen into the man's greedy hands and he steps on it. The taxi just a streak of yellow in the oncoming traffic. The drive is short, which is to be expected considering the amount of money I gave him.

Once there I give him the remaining yen owed and step out of the vehicle. The Blue Blossom looms in front of me, looking similar to a gleaming mansion. The whole building is made from a white and blue marble, causing it to nearly blind me from the amount of light it reflects off of it.

I enter the elegant hotel, unsurprised that the inside is just as classy. Bellboys, maids, and clerks shuffle around, catering to all the guests needs. Some guests dressed in expensive clothes lounge around on plush light blue furniture gathered in the lobby.

However, as soon as I enter the orderly bustle all seems to stop. All eyes turn to me and my army-like clothes. I ignore their stares as I sidle up to the front desk. A snobby looking man stands watch there.

"Kaien Cross."

"Wh-what?" He stutters.

"Which suite is Kaien Cross staying in? I'm his colleague and must see him now." I quietly dare him to deny me.

"O-oh, of course. It is room 369, third floor. Do you need anyone to show you there, Miss?"

"No, I'll find it." Without further ado I spin on my heel and enter the nearest elevator, pushing the third floor button.