Chapter 11

Wow, this year of high school has been consuming all of my time. I am so sorry that I keep skipping updates of late. I promise I'll try to update when I can, just please bear with me here guys. I'll do the best I can, I promise.

Also, this story is probably going to be a shorter one because do my lack of time, but don't worry just because it's short doesn't mean it won't lack in any way:) Thanks for patience, you all are awesome!

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰〰

Some odd feeling clenches and pulls at my stomach. It's an emotion I haven't felt for a long time.

Guilt.

"Okay."

Kaien sends me a small, lopsided kind of smile. "I'm happy that you agree."

I'm unsure if I feel the same.  All I know is that having Kaien as a partner is difficult.  However, I'm starting to see he isn't an idiot.  At least not a total idiot.

"But first thing's first." He says, holding up an index finger. "In order to learn to get along you need to stop acting so formal around me." He says seriously. "So call me Kaien." His eyes sparkle and a smile graces his lip.

"Alright....Kaien." I relent.

He grins. "We should also take advantage of our forced stay here and get to know each other. Maybe then you won't hate me as much!" He states cheerily.

This takes me aback. I look at the blond with unveiled surprise.

Kaien sends me a small knowing smile. "Hitomi, you try to hide your emotions. But you truly are an open book in some regards."

I let this comment slide, I did promise to try, didn't I?

"Now come on sit with me and let me tell you my life story!"

"Uh, life story?"

"Of course! It's the only way you'll understand me! You are very stubborn, Hitomi. So, what do you say!"

Another comment I let slide.

"...I suppose I'll listen." I say, going to sit beside the man. Besides it's not like I have anything better to do.

Kaien clears his throat, but as he begins to speak the light within him seems to dim slightly. "I was born into a vampire hunting family nearly two hundred years ago."

"Yes, I know." I urge anxiously. Frankly, I want to just end this storytelling circle now.

He smiles before continuing. "But I was no ordinary vampire hunter child. I was cursed as soon as my mother became pregnant with me." He sends me a sidelong glance. "Have you heard of the cursed twins?"

My blood runs cold. "Yes, I have heard some."

"My mother was not only pregnant with just one child, but two. She would of been my sister if I hadn't of been a vampire hunter child. "Because as you know, when twins are born only one survives." My breath catches in my throat. "I was that survivor."

I let out the breath I'd been holding. I really shouldn't be shocked, it's the only thing that makes sense. Kaien's old age and young looks, his enhanced senses, and fighting abilities.

He's one of the best vampire hunters ever known. And it all comes down to the cursed twins. Mostly all great vampire hunters, such as Kaien, were part of the cursed twins. However, they are rare and usually the living twin lives through much heartbreak. For once I feel sympathy for him.