Chapter 5

I dedicate this chapter to a good Wattpad friend of mine makaykayla_ . She's a blast to talk with and simply one hell of a person.  Go ahead and read her story A Black Rose. It's really good so far and I can't wait to see what she does with it! :)
Thanks that's all!

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰

I take out both of my guns, I can shoot more using both of them. Kaien follows my lead, unsheathing his sword. Now all we have to do is wait. Wait until they catch up with us.

"You have a daughter." Kaien says after a moment.

I decide to humor him by answering his questions just once.

"Yes, I don't like to talk about it."

"And an Aunt. Is she on your mother's or father's side?"

At this I shake my head. "Neither. She's a family friend."

"Your Aunt is strange."

I fix my burning gaze on him, taking his words as an insult.

"Not in a bad way." He rushes, shaking his head so fast it's a blur. "She's just powerful."

"I guess she is."

He looks like he's going to say something else, but instead he turns rigid. "They are here."

My hands tighten around my guns at his statement. My silver eyes quickly assess the darkness around me, searching for any movement.

"Quickly, back to back." Kaien orders.

I don't protest.

My shoulders meet his back and we both carefully search, him facing North and I South.

"Front left!" Kaien shouts as a level E attacks him from the spoken direction. I feel his arm lift up as he slices through the creature's pale skin like butter.

I see motion from my left.

"Back left!" I call as the creature comes into view.

Its blank red eyes watch me for only a split second before rushing to take me down.
My gun is aimed and cocked in that same second. And that next second there is a bullet in the E's head.

I see another flash of pale skin from my right.

"Back right!"

"Front right!"

Kaien and I both communicate at the same time. He slashes through his and I put a hole in mine.

"Front left!"

"Back left!"

"Front right!"

"Back right!"

We both yell as level E's attack us from every direction. I hit most but the others come at me. I hate fighting in close range.

"Brace yourself!" I holler.

When I feel that Kaien's in a sturdy enough position I grab on to his shoulders and kick my legs up. I stay like that for what seems like minutes but really is only seconds as I kick away the nearest vampires. Dropping back on to the ground I shoot at them. And then it is them dropping to the ground, but instead of on their feet they are on their backs.

My shoulders once again touching Kaien's back, we scan the fields, looking for any hints of remaining vampires.

"Nothing." I say after a couple of minutes.