Expect the unexpected

VaishnaveeShah I devote this chapter to our friendship since childhood and to the umpteen times you stood by me as my strong support :)

Back to the story :

Veronica's POV:

"Ouch!", Nancy shouted in pain. This beach ball hit her cheek very hard I guess. Suddenly I realised that there were a few guys playing volleyball on the beach.

We three become furious and no sooner, a guy came running behind the ball .
" Sorry dear,we were just.. You know.. playing,not to trouble you. "

I almost knew our wild cat would pounce on him.
But to my surprise her reaction was completely opposite.
"Its alright. I know you didn't intend to hurt me!"

I and Nicholas were looking at each other with eyes wide open.
Completely astonished by her reaction. We were clueless as to what made Nancy bring out the polite gesture in her after some random guy banged the ball on her face.

"Let us go from here ,I can't take the heat any more. Let's get going in our villa and take some rest."
She also made us take a detour from where the guys were playing volleyball although the route from there to reach our villa was nearer.

Nancy's POV:

Oh no! This can't be happening.
How can such a coincidence take place. One in thousands or millions only it happens.
When did I become so much lucky?
Anyways,let it go.
Let time take its turn!

"Nancy ,what happened? Are you alright? We know you as the strong girl,how did our wild cat become so forgiving and polite?
Veronica and Nicholas both were giggling.

" Umm...nothing the corporate effect "
"Oh yes and we buy that", Veronica exclaimed.
"Ok jokes apart!I really felt tired in the heat."

I know these two girls are not satisfied with my response but tentatively I made them quiet.
These two girls will sure as well dig out more into this very soon,I thought to myself.

After the volleyball scenes I preferred not to go out of the Villa for some specific reasons best know only to me.

But we had already decided to attend the beach party.
In the evening,I wanted to stay back while Veronica and Nicholas pulled me out of the couch and dragged me to the closet .

We wore pretty dresses and were finally ready to hit the beach party.
The ambience was just amazing and lighting was unique with background music that anyone can groove on.
We started dancing to the beat of Party on my Mind. A chicklet kind of song. We danced for sometime and then went to the drinks counter. I ordered a Pinacolada while Veronica and Nicholas preferred Blue Lagoon.
We gradually sipped the drink sitting on the creme colour sofa which was quite comfortable.

Soon after that I saw a few guys enter the beach party place,out of which one was a face already know to me.
"Let's go to the karaoke!", I exclaimed with no other thought.

"What made you decide this?This place and party are both amazing. I am not going anywhere."
"But you were the one who wanted to come here and skip the karaoke right!", Nicholas claimed.

"Yes,I changed my mind,again!"I giggled and rolled my eyes like a child pretending to bring all the innocence in me"

"Hey,Nancy!"A male voice interrupted from behind.
And now,what was not suppose to happen, will happen was the gut feeling I got.
" Oh my god!Sir...I mean Zach!How come you are here?", I pretended to be surprised,trying to hide the fact that I already knew in the afternoon that even he was in the same resort.

"Well,Nancy!I came her for the bachelor party.Argh. I felt dejected. Was he getting married? So early? Why?He didn't look like he's engaged. My eyes ran to check out his fingers. But there was no ring.
I heard him clear his throat."Anything wrong?
"I wanted to congratulate you!", such a lie.
"No no,Nancy take a pause!"
"Its my friend who is getting married in the next month"

"Ok. Cool!See you then,enjoy the party.
Bye Zach!"

Veronica and Nicholas gave me that look with a jaw dropped face.
There was lot to be answered to both of them.

That night,sitting besides the pool,opposite to the fire place, I told them the entire story till date. From the time I started working with him to how he just gets me into his charm.

Thank-you all for the love you have bestowed me with.

Keep reading and keep enjoying
💞💞💞💞