nn-6 (Part 3)

Back Here

{CITY}

I woke up with a headache. I began to fear I won’t recover from the hangover but soon enough, I can blink and push myself forward.

There was a soothing aroma around and looked to my side, seeing a cup of coffee waiting for me.

I grinned and took it in both hands. I was just taking in the comforting heat when a voice startled me.

“Hi there, Aerosmith,”

I was looking at a beautiful blonde with almost the same grayish blue eyes as Diane. But of course, D has more blue in it—more sea-like and dreamy and—

Hold on. Where is Diane? And who is this chick in Johnny’s room?

“Aerosmith…?” I asked and my voice was croaky.

She smiled and slowly came towards me. I didn’t realize that she was by the door all this time. “You rocked last night. You know, with I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing—”

“Did I?” I laughed and felt the blood pounding in my ears. “Ugh,” I groaned and sipped in some coffee.

“Yes…” she answers and when I looked at her again, she was smiling wider. “I’m Debby. If you don’t remember…”

I held out a hand and she shook it lightly. “I’m Bryan.”

“I know.” She nodded and sat on the edge of the bed. “You’re Jonathan’s brother, right?”

“Yep,”

“He’s out by the way. Said that I should tell you,”

I cocked my head to the side and really stared at her. “I don’t mean to be rude but, did we do something last night that I should know about?”

Her face fell and I suddenly had the feeling that this isn’t good.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered but didn’t know what I was sorry for. “I’m just really messed up. I—”

“Bryan,” she held up a hand. “I am just playing you.” And that grin spread out on her lips again. “Nothing happened. At least not with me…I left early. When you were done singing, I hit the road to get back to my mom.”

Oh. That was a relief. I sighed and began to relax. “Are you from around here?”

She shook her head. “My sister is.”

“Oh. Well, where’re you from?” I sat up straight and put the mug back on the side table.