You Left-4

“You Left” chapter four//hello & goodbye

C'est alors que le sentiment coule dedans, je ne veux pas vous manquer de ce genre. Reviens, être ici. Reviens, être ici... –Come Back, Be Here. Taylor Swift.

I know I’ve been writing long chapters but it’s only because there are only going to be 8—yes, EIGHT—chapters, not including the prologue because that isn’t a chapter. So bear with me the long pages and the shifting of views because I want to set the record straight.

I didn’t fully intend to leave Goodbye at Mid September without a sequel so every unanswered question, every unfinished confrontation, every short-lived romantic sequence…it is ALL here.

My dedication is always to the people who read my works, been my friends, and oddly, to those who I think should read what I have to write. You are capable of giving me opinions that I would take this time so give me your best shot and I’ll return it back to you.

LOVE ALWAYS, Katherine.

COUNTRY

I was prepared to show him. But I was distracted.

How can you concentrate when the man you love—yes, I admit it boldly now—is standing behind you, leaving trails of kisses up and down your neck?

I sighed and wanted him to linger there. Yes. We didn’t care about tomorrow. We didn’t even care about what this is and where we might end up.

But that doesn’t mean I’m not thinking about tomorrow and the consequences we’re daring bravely to face.

What am I even doing? A voice I haven’t heard in so long screamed angrily at me. You shouldn’t be doing this, remember? Do you want to tell him now? Did you change your mind? And that voice is relentless.

I surrendered, thinking she was right somehow. When I left London, I didn’t have a plan but I did have a deal with myself—and to Steven—that I wouldn’t actually tell Bryan.

What was the point anyway? I thought, long before all of this.

And adding up to that thought is the assumption he moved on.

But now…he doesn’t seem to have moved on given the fact we’ve been spending the day together—and like this for the sake of all that is good.

“Bryan,” I breathed and I could feel the smile on his lips.

“Hmm…?”

“We should, um—” I can’t continue it; not with his lips making my skin tingle. “Bryan, I think we should—”

“Don’t think,” he says and his hands grabbed my waist, pulling me closer if that was even remotely possible.

“We should stop for a minute.”

Finally, the voice sighed. He stopped and I had the courage to face him.

The light was dimming and I began to wonder how long we’ve been stuck in time doing this.

“What’s wrong?”

“Should we keep acting as if the past thirteen years never happened?” I asked, trying to put it as gently and sweetly as I could.

But he didn’t seem to take it the way I wish he did. “Diane, I’m sorry. I got a bit carried away. I should’ve—” and I can see all the worry tracing his face now. “I should’ve at least kept in mind you have a wedding ring on your finger.”