"How's Noa?" he asked.

"She's going great." I said, "Turned 18 a few weeks back. I know you would've wanted to be there with her."

"It would've been nice – but I know she can survive a birthday without me. She's had 12." He chuckled softly. "Will's good too?"

"Sam's teaching him to hunt." I nodded. We found Will a few days after leaving the camp. He was hiding in some old mechanic store, waiting for Vixen. She never showed.

"How's Sam?" Luis asked. I knew he didn't want to talk about Sam, but he asked me every time just to show he cared.

"He's coping." I tried to smile, but it didn't come out. Sam hasn't been the same since the day he killed Luis. "You look good."

"You look old." He laughed. I was 39 this year. It was weird being old when he was still his 29 self. He was so good looking. Sometimes I couldn't believe how handsome he was. "You look hot though."

"If you take the wrinkles away." I smiled. I could tell what Luis really wanted to talk about, but he never had the guts to ask. It's the thing he felt most guilty about. The reason he feels bad about leaving me behind.

"So..."

"You want to know about Nora, don't you?" I smiled softly.

"You've told me everything there is to know about her, yet it feels like I know nothing." He shrugged. I closed my journal setting it aside. "I mean, I didn't get to be there when you found out you were pregnant; which is my biggest regret. So tell me about her, please."

"She's by far the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." I said, making him smile. "She's got your big brown eyes."

"Does she?" He grinned. Seeing him made my heart break; I wish I couldn't see him or talk to him sometimes, just because he looks so much like her. I hated being reminded of it.

"Her hairs long and blonde now." I nodded. "And she cut it like I did when you first saw me at camp."

"You looked so beautiful with that hair."

"She's smart, really smart." I said, my eyes beginning to tear up. I hated seeing the awe in his eyes, but also the pain of not being able to be with her; not being able to know his own daughter. "And I know you were always scared your child would turn out unintelligent, but she isn't. She's one of the most brilliant people you'll ever meet."

"Even for a 12 year old?" He said, holding back his own tears.

"Even for a 12 year old." I nodded as a tear dropped onto my cheek. He covered his mouth, squeezing his eyes shut to push the tears out so he could see. "She knows everything there is about you."

"Does – does she think I was a bad person?" He stuttered as he wiped under his eyes. "Does she hate what I did?"

"She doesn't care." I shook my head, reaching out and grabbing his hand. "She's your daughter Luis."

"She is." He smiled, looking down at his lap. I missed him so much. I remember when I realised I was pregnant I cried for days, because I knew looking at this child every day will remind me how much I will miss him.

"You were incredible Luis." I whispered, making him look up at me. "You still are incredible."

"I'm sorry I had to leave." He said, squeezing my hand. "I wanted to stay."

"You didn't have a choice." I shook my head, wiping the tears away with my spare hand. "I miss you so much."

"I know." He nodded.

"So, so much baby." I whispered, pressing his hand to my face. I had learnt to fool myself into thinking I could feel his touch on my cheek. His soft hands caressing my face one last time.

"Mum!" I heard Nora yell from the forest line. He let go of my hand, standing up and looking back to where he came from.

 He let go of my hand, standing up and looking back to where he came from

"I love you." I said. He looked back down at me, a small smile on his lips.

"Just before we went to the camp I told you, you would have me until I took my last breath. I was wrong. You will have me and continue to have me until you take your last breath." He whispered, leaning down and brushing his lips onto mine. I could see him kissing me but I couldn't feel it.

There was nothing more that I wanted then to feel his kiss

There was nothing more that I wanted then to feel his kiss. One last time.

I opened my eyes and he was gone. I cleared my throat, wiping under my eyes as Nora ran over to me out of the forest.

"Are you okay?" She asked. My heart ached as I looked over her small face, Luis staring back at me.

"I'm fine." I nodded, grabbing her head and lowering it so I could kiss her forehead. She giggled, pulling away playfully. "Has Uncle Sam cooked dinner yet?"

"Not yet." She shook her head as I stood up.

"Not yet? Why don't you tell his lazy bum to go get it ready then?" I said. She ran back off into the forest line where our camp was. I took a deep breath, looking behind me into the forest where Luis went. There he was standing there, watching us. Watching his family, his hand over his heart.

I placed my hand on my heart, nodding softly to him. He would always be right there, in my heart. Even if no one else can see him, he'll always be there. And for that, I will never be alone.