13th October 2049

I sat in Zara's tent, my hands and feet taped to the chair with duct tape. My head hung low, my chin to my chest. I didn't have the strength to hold it up anymore. I could feel the dried blood that had leaked from the cut under my right eye from Uriah punching me. I couldn't see out of my left eye from the swelling caused by Harrison. The back of my mouth hurt from the two knocking out my teeth, and I'm pretty sure my nose is broken.

They beat me for 8 hours straight. I got to see Zara for 5 minutes, in which she asked where my dad was. When I told her I didn't know, Uriah and Harrison dragged me off into some dark tent where they strapped me to a chair and beat and cut me until I passed out from the pain. I thought being in Wren's house was bad; this was so much worse.

I knew Harper only led me here knowing this would happen; same with Molly. They didn't have any intention to give me a safe home where I could bring Amelia and her daughter, Noa. They led me here so they could get information and get me killed. I thought I hurt her, but I didn't think I hurt her this much.

"Head up." Uriah yelled as he walked into the tent. An hour ago I would've done it, but right now I couldn't physically lift my head, even if I wanted to. "I said, head up!" He shouted, stomping over and grabbing my hair, yanking my head up so I could look at him.

"You gonna cut me some more?" I asked, my eyes adverting to my arm which was sliced by a razorblade in about a hundred spots

"You gonna cut me some more?" I asked, my eyes adverting to my arm which was sliced by a razorblade in about a hundred spots. Unfortunately none of the spots that could kill me.

"I thought you'd know not to be smart by know." His grip on my hair tightened, but I barely felt it; not compared to the other stuff he's done. "Where is Grayson?"

"I don't know." I sighed. He let go of my hair, but my head didn't drop. I stared at him through my one good eye, watching him grab a stool and sit on it in front of me. "I don't know where my father is."

"Let's talk about something else." He said. He took a knife off the table next to him and began to twirl it in his fingers. He laughed as he watched my eyes stay on that knife, monitoring it's every move. "Let's talk about Chicago."

"What about Chicago?" I asked, blinking slowly.

"How did it get invaded?" He asked. I stared at him, unsure of where this was going.

"Someone attracted Lurkers to our fence; a lot of them." I said.

"So you could say someone double crossed you?" He asked. I frowned, wanting to shake my head but not having the energy or will power.

"It could've been anyone."

"But don't you think it would've been someone from Chicago?" He asked. I scoffed.

"No."

"See, that's where you're wrong." He smiled, putting down the knife and standing. He walked to the corner, grabbing a mirror that had wheels on the bottom and wheeled it over to me, placing it in front of me. I didn't want to look, but my heart was telling me to.