28th July 2042

*Picture is of Wren*

10 minutes later.

Harper insisted to drive because she thought I'd be better to be on gun duty. I don't know why when I'm a terrible shot; but like she said, I am here for the experience. Who knew experience would cost you so much only a few days in?

"Adventures of Harper and Luis." She said awkwardly.

"Let's get in and get out." I sighed. She nodded, turning out of the street. "I'm not interested in making friends, just alliances."

"I understand." She said. She tapped the steering wheel nervously. "Do – Do you remember anything about last night?" she asked.

"Up until when I got the vodka out then the rest is black." I closed my eyes, leaning my head backward. "Did something important happen?"

"No – no not at all." She shook her head. "Just wondering."

"Did I say something?" I asked. "Sorry if I did -"

"It was nothing." She interrupted, side glancing at me. "Let's just forget it."

"No what happened?" I looked at her.

"Nothing just drop it." she said sternly.

"Fine." I said. "How's Sam holding up about Rosie?" I changed the subject.

"He was distraught; I don't know when he stopped crying last night." She sighed. "He kept saying he could've saved her."

"No one could've." I said. "It was in the stars, it was meant to happen."

"Do you really think that?" she asked. "That Rosie was born to die."

"Everyone is born to die." I looked back at the road. "Some just go earlier than others."

"Well Sam doesn't think that." She sighed. "He thinks Rosie was born to marry him."

"Really?" I asked.

"Oh yeah." She nodded. "Ever since we went to Uncle Hudson's place last year when you guys were there he's had the biggest crush on her."

"But we knew each other before that." I said.

"Yeah but he had a girlfriend remember?" she looked at me, then back to the road. "Then they broke up and he swore not to date until he was 20, then he saw Rosie for the first time since the break up and bang."

"I always rooted for them." I couldn't help but say.

"What?" she scoffed.

"I always secretly hoped they'd date. I mean; I saw them as end game." I said. "I thought they were so much alike it was incredible."

"I know." She nodded. "Don't tell Sam that I told you this, he'd kill me."

"I won't." I said. We drove in silence for a while. Silence is the worst thing when you're grieving someone. All you can think of is them. Then the heaviness in your chest kicks in and your head begins to hurt. I missed her. I missed her so much. This is so unfair. I want my sister back. I want her to be here, laughing. She was so young, too young. It should have been me. It should have been me. I could feel my eyes beginning to water to I turned to look out the window behind me so she wouldn't see.

"Do you miss her?" Harper whispered, obviously seeing I was upset. I gulped, taking a deep breath. Don't cry. This isn't the time to cry.

"I can't stop thinking of things I could've done to prevent it." I said shakily. My chin quivered and I covered my mouth with my hand, squeezing my eyes shut so a tear rolled onto my cheek. I held it in, not wanting to cause a scene. I drew short breaths, making my chest rise and fall quickly. I felt her hand on my back, and my eyes snapped open in shock. She didn't say anything; all she did was traced circles with her palm, calming me. No one ever did that for me. They always told me it would be okay, but she knew it wouldn't, so she stayed quiet while I silently sobbed.