3rd September 2042

"We're gathered here today to mourn the death of 3 of Chicago's finest soldiers, Lou Adams, Noah Macintosh and Jackson Thorn. They died in battle, trying to serve and save the citizens of Chicago, and the place home.

Lou George was a quiet girl, known and loved by everyone around her. Her father, Joseph George, couldn't be here with us today on the account of this ceremony being too difficult to attend. Lou was the assistant of Luis Black, the Mayor of Chicago. He called Lou determined, smart and sweet. She was a pleasure to see every morning and be the first person he'd greet in the morning. Rest in Peace.

Noah Macintosh was half of a set of twins. His brother, Max, having the identical personality and traits as Noah. He was intelligent, talented with guns and a true leader. He died in self-sacrifice, allowing himself to die for the guaranteed lives of his group members. His parents, Willow and Beau Macintosh will miss him dearly, and will never stop loving him. Rest in Peace.

Jackson Thorn was a handsome man, a talented huntsmen and generous person. He died in a raid of a house which saved his cousin, Harper Thorn-Peters. He died in honour, a part of the reason his group is home safely now. His sister, Antoinette Thorn says he was truly the greatest man she's ever known, and there will never be anyone who could be a better friend to her then he was. His parents, Hudson and Emmeline Thorn-Peters say they will always remember him as the brave man he was. Rest in Peace.

There will be a celebratory dinner in the Main Hall in city centre to remember these citizens, and celebrate their lives." My father finished. Surrounding me were crying parents, all hugging each other.

I stand awkwardly next to Amelia, who was holding Max's hand. She had apparently forgiven him since he hit her a week and a half ago. I secretly hoped she was just being kind until the funeral was over. I couldn't stand them being together after what he did; made me feel sick. If Rosie was here she would never have let her stay with him, but sisters can convince each other of anything, brothers on the other hand cannot.

I excuse myself and begin the walk to main hall. I feel someone tug on the cuff of my jacket, and turn to see Sam behind me.

"Hey man." Sam said awkwardly; almost as if he ran into me and not purposely stopped me.

"Sam?" I was surprised to see him talking to me. The whole Thorn-Peters family had been kind of distant to me since we got back; and I don't blame them.

"How you doing?" He asked as we began to walk again.

"I'm fine; and you?" I frowned, looking at my shoes.

"Doing good, doing good." He nodded. "So look Luis -"

"I really don't want to talk about Harper." I interrupted, stopping in the middle of the walk way. "Like really don't."

"I wasn't going to." He put his hands up in surrender, shaking his head. "Wasn't even going to mention her."

"Okay?" I said. "Then what did you want?"

"I wanted to tell you – uh -" he took a deep breath, balling his fists. "I wanted to tell you that Lou had been training me as an assistant in case she was to unfortunately die, and she wanted me to take over from her."

"You want to be my assistant?" I asked. He nodded. "And you're asking to take Lou's job at her funeral because?"

"Because she trained me for it."

"And you couldn't wait until tomorrow?" I asked. He clenched his jaw, nodding slightly.

"Yep." He nodded. "I could've done that."