3rd August 2042

I took a deep breath as I saw Harper's feet begin to descend the ladder from the bed in the roof. I looked over at an asleep Vixen and Will. This is going to be bad. She jumped off the bottom step, turning to face everyone. She smiled at Dylan, looking at me, her eyes wandering to Vixen behind me. Her smile faded, and she looked back at me.

"What the -" she began to yell, but I jumped up, covering her mouth. I quickly opened the door, pushing her out. "What the -" but I slammed the door behind me, blocking out her swear.

"Harper shut up!" I yelled.

"That's – That's Vixen!" she pointed at the RV.

"Yes I know -"

"Are you crazy?" she yelled. I pinched the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes. How on earth am I going to convince her to let Vixen stay? I know how stupid it is to let her but – she has a kid. And my dad has no one on his side of the family left. I think it would be really emotional if he found out Aunt Espen had a kid and he got to meet her, let alone her kid as well. I know what she's done, and if I had a kid, I think I'd do it as well.

"Just let me explain."

"Go ahead." She scoffed. "Explain why we should have that lunatic in our RV?"

"She has a kid." I sighed. "Will, he's 6 years old and we killed his father." I added. She crossed her arms, pressing her lips together. I'm not going to tell her we're related. "We owe her a few nights stay while she gets her life together."

"But she's from that group -"

"We killed everyone in that group. No one else is left for her to turn to." I interrupted. "We've made surviving so much harder for her Harper."

"Don't you remember what they did to us? You were there. They tortured us Luis and you expect me to live with one now? You expect me to feel safe around her?" she asked.

"I don't expect you to accept any of this." I shook my head. "But you need to."

"I don't think I can." She shrugged. "Those few nights I spent in there were the worst times of my life. I-I have never experienced fear like I did in that house and now I have to endure it every day?"

"I'm sorry Harper but – she's staying." I said.

"What?" she scoffed. "Now that we aren't together you don't care for me at all?"

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Well if this was yesterday morning and I said no you would've kicked her out quick smart."

"Harper I care for you greatly." I said. "If I had my way I would never have broken up with you, but I did. And even if I didn't, I would still have let her stay because it's the human thing to do."

"Human?" she scoffed. "You lost your title of being human when you strangled Wren to death." She said, raising one eyebrow. My mouth fell open slightly, and I closed it quickly. I swallowed hard, crossing my arms. The Harper I know wouldn't have said that – well I think she wouldn't. I clenched my fists, taking a deep breath.

"She stays." I growled turning and walking back to the car.

"You can't just walk away from an argument!" she yelled after me. I pressed my lips together turning back around and stomping towards her.

"I am up to here with you!" I yelled holding my hand above my head. "Harper you aren't like this! You care about others! Stop being this insensitive, stuck up bitch for one second of the day please. We don't kick a woman out when she has a kid. I know you think I'm a shitty person but right now I'm thinking the exact same of you. Sit down, shut up and let me run this group because I don't see anyone else around here trying to save lives."