Chapter 19

Lucy's POV:

"Master, Gray is awake," I announced when I reached Mr. Makarov's office. Yeah, he's awake but he doesn't remember all that happened to him. He forgot all about it. It hurts when he told me about that. I really wanted to cry as I talked to him but controlled myself. I can't let him see me cry.

"Well, that's good news," Master answered "What is it?"

"H-he doesn't remember anything, Master," I said in a steady voice "I want to ask you a favour to not tell him that he fell inlove with me,"

"Why don't you want to tell him that he fell in love with you?" Master asked.

I bit my lower lip "Because he's my friend and we're also on the same team. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable or awkward whenever we're together. We wouldn't be able to do a job well if one of us feels awkward with another,"

Master Makarov didn't say anything as he thought about it. I really hope that he will say yes. After a few seconds of thinking, he looked up at me.

"Alright then, Lucy. I'll make up a story but you'd better come with me. After that, I'll tell everyone to not mention about Gray falling in love with you,"

I nodded at Master Makarov and followed him back to Gray's room. I don't understand why he can't remember anything. Maybe it's the side effect of the potion. I'm not ready for this yet. Physically I am keeping myself strong but emotionally, I can't bear this weight on my heart. I want him to remember.

Master opened the door and we both went inside. I saw Gray clutching the calendar in his hand; his head down.

"What is the meaning of this, Master?" he asked in a steady voice "The last time I remembered, the month was August. What the hell happened to me?"

Master looked at him calmly "You were in a coma, Gray. Someone poisoned you but we don't know who did it. Lucy found you unconscious when she went to your house and brought you in the infirmary,"

He furrowed his eyebrows "But, who would do that to me?"

"We don't know yet but I'll investigate more," Master glanced at me and then turned back to Gray "Are you feeling alright now?"

Gray nodded "Yes, I want to find the person responsible for doing this to me,"

"Stay here for a while, Gray. I'll call Porlyusica to check up on you, just to make sure that you're already fine," Master Makarov left and I was alone with Gray once again.

"Lucy,"

I looked up at him "What is it?"

"Thank you for saving me and bringing me here," he gave me a smile "I owe you my life,"

My heart pounded as my hands ache to touch him. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and gave him a smile "No problem, Gray. You are my friend and friends help each other, "

The door opened and Porlyusica entered followed by Master Makarov.

"Can you go out for a while, Lucy?" requested Porlyusica "I need to examine him,"

I nodded "Alright,"

I took one last glance at Gray and went out the door. I sat on the sofa and bit my lip as I stopped myself from sobbing too hard. Why does this have to happen to me? Why do I have to be the one to fall in love with a man who will never actually have genuine feelings for me?

"Lucy, are you alright?"

I straightened and wipe the tears from my eyes when I heard Natsu's voice. He was standing by the doorway. He walked towards me and sat beside me.

"Master told us that Gray is awake already and that we shouldn't mention about that love potion and him being poisoned," Natsu explained.

"I see," I answered.

"Why don't you want him to know, Lucy?" he asked.

"Because it would just complicate the relationship between us two. It would be easy if we just pretend that nothing ever happened. I want us to be the same again before all of this happened," I said as I give him a smile "You would like that too, right?"

Natsu didn't answer as he looked at me closely. He then let out a breath "But you're sad, Lucy. And you know that I hate it whenever one of my friends is sad,"

I looked down and avoided his gaze "I am sad, Natsu. I know that I should be glad that he's cured already but I just can't do it," I felt my eyes watering again "I already know I'm selfish. But I want him to stay in love with me,"

I felt Natsu's arms wrapping around me as he pulled me for a hug "So, this is your biggest secret, huh?" he let out a soft chuckle "Let me tell you something, Lucy. The truth is, everyone is selfish. But we always try to control that selfishness because if we don't, it will lead to our destruction,"

I let out a small laugh as I pulled away from him "It's strange that you're the one lecturing me about things like this,"

He smiled "I find it strange too," his face suddenly turned serious "But I don't want to see you sad, Lucy. I don't want to see any of my friends sad,"

"I know but I'd rather chose to be this way than to lose him as my friend," I said in a low voice "I don't want that to happen,"

----
Sorry for the late update guys. I plan on having Gray's POV for the next chapter.
Ciao!