Chapter 8

I didn't leave Gray's side the whole time. It was such a relief that Erza and Jellal found us. They helped me take Gray back to the guild. I was so worried about him. I don't know what that person wants or why he/she did this but I will never forgive him/her. I was so scared when Gray just laid their on the pavement and I wasn't able to do anything but just to cry and scream his name.

"Lucy, why don't you go back to your apartment and rest? We'll watch over him," said Erza. They already called Porlyusica, and she's trying her best to find out what happened to Gray. Master Makarov is here too.

I shook my head "No, I can't rest. I want to be here when Gray wakes up,"

Erza gave me a sad smile "Don't worry, okay? Everything is going to be fine. Gray is a tough guy. He can handle this,"

I looked at Gray. He looks so pale it's as if he's dead. I grew nervous again. I can't imagine Gray dying. He's one of the strongest mages I know. He can't die. I won't let him die.

Porlyusica suddenly stood up and walked towards us. Master Makarov followed her.

"He's been poisoned," she said.

"Poisoned? But how?" Erza asked.

"Maybe because of that shadow person who attacked both of you," Porlyusica said looking at me "Do you know why it did this?"

I shook my head "No, we were walking back to my apartment when it attacked us. It just suddenly came out of nowhere,"

Porlyusica nodded "I'd better return to my house and research something about this. I gave Gray some medicine that can prevent the spreading of the poison in his body but I don't think it can hold for much longer. We need to find a cure soon because if not, there is a very possible and big chance that he'll die,"

I think my mind suddenly went blank when Porlyusica said that. There's a big possibility that Gray could die if we can't find a cure for this poison. I look at Gray who was lying there on the bed. I clinched my hands into two hard fists. No matter what happens, I'm going to find a cure for him. I swear even if it costs me my life.

After thanking Porlyusica, I went to Gray's side. Erza went back to Fairy Hills after I forced her to. She looks tired so I guess she didn't argue with me anymore. I held Gray's hand as I gazed upon his face. This is the face of the man I love. The man I want to spend my whole life with. I felt tears streaming down my face. I can't imagine a life where Gray isn't around. Just thinking about it makes my heart hurt, like it's being prick by thousands of needles, even billions of it.

"Don't leave me, Gray. Please, don't leave me. You can't die, okay? I won't let you," I said "I swear on my life that I'm going to find a cure for you. You still need to be cured from that love potion and I still need to tell you how I really feel about you after you're cured, so you can't die yet. All of our friends will really get mad if you die." I let out a soft laugh "Just remember that I'll kill you if you die, so you better not, okay?"

Morning came and I finally decided to return to my apartment after Natsu came to the infirmary. He told me that he'll watch over Gray in my place. I took a quick bath and changed my clothes. After drying my hair, I grabbed my keys on the table. Loki suddenly appeared in front of me.

"I heard what happened," he said in a soft voice "How's Gray?"

I bit the inside of my cheek to prevent a sob that's trying to escape from my lips. I don't think I'll be able to tell Loki what really happened. I don't think I'll be able to tell it over and over again.

"Hey, it's okay if you can't tell me, don't push yourself too hard," Loki said.

"Thank you, Loki," I answered "I should get back there. Gray might wake up soon and I want to be the very first person he sees when he does,"

Loki nodded "Alright, but please remember that you don't have to face this predicament alone, you have us, your friends, to help you," he gave me a smile and disappeared.

I went out my apartment and locked the door behind me. I was walking fast back to the guild when a strong gust of wind past me that it almost knocked me down. I stopped walking as I saw a dark shadow in the alley. I followed it deeper into the alley where almost no sunlight can reach.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

The shadow stopped and walked towards me. I squinted as I tried hard to identify the person in front of me. It was a woman. She has green hair and looking at me with dark violet eyes. She looks dangerously pretty.

"Lucy Heartfilia, we met at last," she said in that high-pitched voice. "My name is Fiora Cole and I want your keys,"

-------

Chapter 8 is here....I originally was going to update next week but I felt like writing last night, so here you go guys!!!