I Kicked A Vampire - Part 22

Chapter 22:

.:Matt:.

I'm sitting in Lola's car with Kyle and we're driving through what seems to be endless country side. I think he's going to kill me. He's nice, but he's a bit...too nice if you catch my drift.

I think it would really suck if he did kill me. I'd like to say goodbye to Allie first. That is...IF she's still alive. I'm pretty sure she is, but after all this time I'm kind of starting to have my doubts about this...

"We're here." Kyle's voice is hoarse. He's been crying a lot. I don't know why or anything. I mean, I get he had to leave his wife behind and all because she's got cancer and oh...right well Lizzie's got cancer. They found out relatively recently. Kyle doesn't like being apart from her, but Lola is staying with her while he's gone so if something goes bad, she can contact him to go home quick.

Glancing up, my eyes widen at the sight of the huge gothic manor standing before us.

Climbing out of the car, I don't speak. It's amazing. I never knew...wow. Just wow.

The door opens and a platinum blonde haired young guy steps out.

He nods at Kyle, "You are dismissed. I shall take it from here."

To my horror, Kyle does as the guy says and drives off. Literally speeding, waaay over the speed limit. God, he didn't want to stay long did he?

"My name is Lyle." The guy introduces himself, "I'm Bailey's older brother...sort of. I came out first."

Nodding slowly as if I understand, I step forward, "I'm Matt. I'm...Allie's big brother. But you probably don't kno-"

"I know who you are. Come inside. I need to explain some things."

I have a choice. Stay outside and walk away and probably die by starvation or dehydration and heat stroke. OR I could go inside and maybe die in a more painless way if he's feeling nice.

I follow him inside the manor.

.:Allie:.

Strange. Since I told him I loved him, I've felt...free-er. Honestly, it's nice and the more time I spend with him, the stupider I feel for not realizing my feelings or his sooner.

"Whatcha dooin?" he exclaims and he slides across the floor, stopping beside me. He's wearing socks so he can go further. He's been practicing so he'll end up right beside me.

I don't reply and ignore him completely.

He grabs the book off me and glances at the cover, "Where did you get this?"

Shrugging, I turn away from him, humming 'I don't know' in that annoying way people do it if they don't feel like replying to someone.

"Honestly Allie, I don't see why you're so mad. It's old! It's practically an antique! I was going to throw it out years ago!"

Spinning around, I frown at him, "And why didn't you?"

Bailey looks uncomfortable, "Well...see, I still like going to visit them?"

I stare at him angrily, "You still go and see them?!"

"Yeah. I like old ladies...they always have cookies..." he explains quietly, "None of them remember who I am and I like to check up on those ones."

The book, I had been reading through, was a book of his 'conquests' as he put it. Women he'd slept with. I had been getting angrier, but at his last sentence, I couldn't help, but laugh, "Old ladies?! You mean that-" I motion towards the book, "Really IS an antique?"