I Kicked A Vampire - Part 18

Chapter 18:

.:Allie:.

Coming back to consciousness, I realise that my eyelids really aren't very good windows and open them to find that upon regaining that sense, my sense of hearing has returned and with it came a huge roaring sound from above me.

"It's alright. Are you alright?"

Glancing up, my eyes widen to see Lyle hovering over me. I've really grown fond of Lyle since our first...um 'encounter' (where he tried to rape me because he thought I was a call girl), but what puzzles me is the fact that it should be Bailey holding onto me.

"Where's Bailey?" I enquire as I stretch out slightly.

Lyle turns me upright and sits me down opposite him, "Change of plans. I caught up with you at the hotel and he left me to take you to his house."

Nodding, I feel a small pang of regret that I hadn't been awake to say goodbye.

"Oh you did. Don't worry."

Glancing up at him, I frown, "Huh?"

Lyle is obviously trying to hide a smug smirk from me as he turns away, "You did say goodbye. Quite...shall we say vehemently?"

"What do you mean vehemently?"

Lyle shrugs and wraps his arm around my shoulders, "You didn't want him to go. I didn't think you were awake properly though, obviously you weren't due to the fact you're struggling to remember it all. Your speech was atrocious. Slurred and you'd cut off at the most inconvenient times."

Biting my lip, I feel my cheeks flooding with colour, "Oh." I murmur in a small voice.

He chuckles, "It's alright. I'm sure the 'big fat meaniemcmeaniepants' will forgive you."

Oh dear god...

.:Bailey:.

Should I have left her? Yes...family HAS to be more important than some gir- Then again...No! Definitely family.

Upon reaching the city gates, I freeze when I see them. Guards upon guards flying towards me with their onyx tipped spears. The official part of the kingdom has always been a tad...old fashioned.

Onyx is the only thing that can fully kill a vampire. No one knows why, but everyone knows the story of how people found out. It was a rather...gruesome tale involving a friend of mine's great, great, great grandfather, a frog and a shiny black rock. Actually, now that I think of it, it's also how we found out that the dryads don't appreciate the male gender as much as we'd thought. (There are no male dryads. They mate with either human or vampire men. They're also amazing in bed...or so I've heard...)

"Let me go! I am the Prince of the Underworld!"

I struggle against the guards grip, but fail when one of the spears bumps into my shoulder causing me to cry out in pain instead. It didn't break through the skin, only grazed it, but it's burning like hell and believe me, a guy like myself knows what hell is like. (Long story, had to help a friend who got a little frisky with a demon's daughter.)

"Not anymore you're not." The closest one replies as they drag me through the city and up to the palace.

The doors fly open and I break free of their grasp and rush to my mother. She looks ill...almost green in colour and her veins are very prominent...

"Mother?"

She embraces me warmly, "Bailey...I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me."

Shaking my head, I cling to her as if I am but a young boy again, "I'll never hate you. What's going on?"