I Kicked A Vampire - Part 5

Chapter 5:

I obviously didn't think leaving through...which is strange considering I've always been the type of person to really think things through instead of diving straight into them.

But now, as I'm wandering down the insanely long, seemingly endless driveway in the pitch blackness, wearing only my bra and panties and limping from stepping on sharp stones. My stomach is not bleeding anymore I think, but just in case, I'm using some t-shirt I picked up on my way out of the house, to put pressure on it.

I walk for hours...or at least what seems to be hours. I can't be sure.

Finally, I come into a town and walk towards the nearest building which happens to be a club.

Tugging the t-shirt over my head, I sigh in relief to find that it came down to my mid thighs and that I didn't look too much like a whore or anything.

Entering the club, I am instantly overwhelmed by the loud obnoxious music that seems to be making the floors vibrate beneath my feet, and flashing lights that are almost seizure inducing.

I wander up to the bar and sit down, lying my head on the hard surface and closing my eyes to keep from crying.

"Can I help you?"

Glancing up briefly, I shake my head at the bartender, "I don't drink alcohol..."

He chuckles, "It's alright. Neither do the rest of us." He grins at me revealing two very sharp, white fangs.

My heart skips a beat as I turn to look at the other people dancing around to the music. All smiling as they sip at their dark red drinks, their eyes fluro shades of yellow, green, purple and blue in the strange lighting. I can't believe I hadn't noticed before...

"Where am I?" I ask him.

The bartender shrugs, "You're in Emerald City which is wrongly named due to the fact we're barely a town. You know? Home to the vampires? I'm sure that if yo-" he cuts off, he's been leaning closer and closer to me.

Suddenly his eyes change colour to a darker shade of his normal green, "You're human." He exclaims quietly.

Still he comes closer to me though until his head is resting upon my chest listening closely to the erratic heartbeat fluttering from within. He breathes in, "I wouldn't have noticed without being close to you. Your scent is covered by the dirt and night air."

Biting my lip, I don't dare move in case he decides he'd like to eat me, "I-I escaped from Adrian and Bailey De'Vierre's house..." I whimper.

Leaping back, he shakes his head, "Not good. They're going to come after you. You need to come with me."

I let out a startled cry as he picks me up and carries me out of the building into the cold night sky.

The blood seeps out of my newly opened wound and down his arms and he lets out a low groan, "Oh...you smell so...delicious."

"Who are you?"

He sighs, "I'm Kyle."

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because my wife is human. She can take care of you...you can stay with us."

Shaking my head, I attempt to push myself away from him, "NO! I need to go home! I'm missing! My parent's don't know where I am! Bailey found me on the sidewalk!" I sob.

He sighs, "Well you're not going back home sorry...you know about vampires. Vampires are not meant to exist. We have people in the governments all over the world making sure that humans-" he pokes my nose lightly, "Like you. Don't find out about us."

Suddenly we stop outside a normal looking house. It doesn't look like the Gothic manor I escaped from earlier this night.

The door opens and a girl opens it. She looks to be about twenty? With dark brown hair and light blue eyes. She's quite pretty.

She frowns when she sees me, "Oh Kyle...you didn't." She exclaims in horror.

He shakes his head, "She's escaped from the De'Vierre manor." He explains.

The woman grabs me off him, helping me into the living room and lying me down on the couch, "My name is Lizzie." She introduces herself.

I smile slightly, I feel a bit dazed, "I'm Allie."

She takes the t-shirt off me to inspect the wound and Kyle like the gentleman he is, turned away while she did so.

"It's going to need stitches. Whoever patched you up did a terrible job."

I nod and she goes into the kitchen and comes back with something. I can't see what it is.

I feel something sting my arm and then I feel good. I feel REALLY REALLY good.

So good in fact, the next few days are a blur to me. A beautiful swirling blur of rainbows and, and...monkeys....

.:Kyle:.

I stare at the girl lying sprawled out on the couch, her eyes flitting around everywhere, giggling hysterically while muttering incoherently about butterflies and coconut trees. When my beloved Lizzie begins stitching Allie up, the girl merely shrieks with laughter as she claims that it tickles.

"What the hell did you give her?" I exclaim in shock.

Lizzie bites her lip, "Okay, well I know how it feels to be in pain from a stab wound." I hang my head guiltily and she continues, "So I figured to help her out. I'm going to keep her in a constant state of...well she's going to be drugged up the entire time...or most of the time. I didn't give her anything illegal...I don't think. Things might have changed I'm not sure. Just some fairly...strong narcotics."

"Ooh...what's wrong pretty fairy?" Allie questions Lizzie, touching her hair lightly, her eyes wide with amazement.

"I see." Is all I say as I pick up the girl and carry her into the guest bedroom.

Hopefully she has time to heal before Bailey comes knocking to retrieve her.

Thank goodness I was right and he did come, exactly three days after Lizzie pronounced her completely healed.