I Kicked A Vampire - Part 20

Chapter 20:

.:Allie:.

Oh god. I feel sick. I feel overwhelmed with guilt. I should've known! How could I be so blind?! A vampire who could have any girl he wanted, taking the time to protect a stupid, bitchy, skanky teenage girl...

It's all so. So. I let out an angry screech, the type that you hear from banshees or something.

God! I hate this! It's so...GRR!

Why does everything have to be so FREAKING COMPLICATED?!?!

Why me?

"Because he saved you."

Frowning, I stare up at him as he paces around the room, "I don't think that kidnapping me when I've been stabbed should really make someone love someone." I tell him.

Lyle sighs, "No, when you were six. You got stuck in a pine tree. Bailey was walking past-" he cuts off, "I don't even know why Bailey was there. It's not like there's any family there or anything important. Anyway, he was walking past when he found you and you were crying so he climbed up and brought you down back to the ground. Sometimes that's all it takes to make someone realize a person is their Harmony."

Rolling my eyes, I do the whole 'face palm' thing, "What is this Harmony thing you guys keep talking about?"

Lyle chuckles, "A Harmony is the person a vampire loves forever. They're kind of...made for each other. They make each other."

"Oh."

We sit in an awkward silence for a while before I too stand up and hug him, "Um. Thanks for telling me. I'm just..."

"Going to go have a shower and go to bed right?" he asks.

Nodding, I let go of him and continue past him out into the hall.

.:Lyle:.

I feel sorry for them. Adrian was so blinded by hatred that he hurt an innocent girl in the process of revenge. Bailey can't find out about this, if he does...who knows what he'll do to Adrian. Our family is troubled enough without one brother slaughtering another brother.

Suddenly I hear a door slam shut.

Cracking my knuckles, I prepare myself to beat the crap out Adrian if it's him, then lunging through the doors, I pin the intruder to the wall.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

Jumping back, I frown. I seem to be doing that an awful lot lately, "Bailey! Oh, sorry. I thought you might be-"

"An intruder? Right..."

I watch him intently to see if I can find any hint that he may have heard Allie and my conversation.

Bailey chuckles darkly, "What? Have I got something on my face?"

His eyes are bloodshot and red and his skin is paler than usual, "You've been crying." I state the obvious.

"Did you know? Did you know they were dead?"

Hugging him, I shake my head, "Who? Who is dead?"

Bailey shoves me away from him, "Dad and Adrian." He replies gruffly.

He thinks Adrian's dead? Well...

"Yes I did. Adrian showed up with dad's body. He was pretty close to dead as well, bleeding out all over the place. The onyx made him human, he'd had it in him too long and...well Allie tried her best. He died a few days ago."