Chapter 15

Star rushed me into the car, and forced the seatbelt on me. "Hurry up! I want to help you get ready for this date!" My face scrunched up in confusion.

   I never told her about the date. "How did you know about the date, Star?"

    Her eyes stayed narrowed on the road. "Logan told me through the mind-link," she said in a 'duh' tone.

    "What's a mind-link?"

   She groaned, "I swear, Alpha can be so dumb sometimes! Thank goddess that he didn't hear that." Star laughed. "But the mink-link is sort of like a werewolf group chat in our heads. We can speak to anyone we want in our heads which helps in a lot of situations. You can tell we're using it when our eyes cloud over and we seem focused on something else."

   I thought about all the times I've might have witnessed someone use a mind-link. I remembered the countless times with Ryder and Logan and even Star. I felt awfully left out.

    We pulled up to my house and Star slammed in the breaks. She dragged me out of the car and thought the front door , past my mother and up the stairs. She shoved me in the bed and ran straight to my closet. "Star, what are you-"

    "I'm looking for the boogie man! What does it look like I'm doing? I'm getting your outfit!" She shouted. "Go take a shower or something, I'll clean up in the meantime."

   Thanking her, I went to the bathroom and took a shower. Twenty minutes later, I hopped out and went back to my room. A floral dress was thrown at my face. "Put that on, you have twenty five minutes until Logan gets here."

"Star you seem more stressed out about this than I am," I laughed. She huffed and walked out leaving me to get dressed.

You're hungry, honey.

My face scrunched up as I pulled the dress over my head. No I'm not. I ate like three hours ago.

Not the kind of hunger I'm taking about, babe. I could almost hear the smirk in the voice and I shivered in distaste.

    "Girl, you better be dressed in there!" Star stomped in. "Good, but you're looking a little pale. Do you want me to talk to Logan and reschedule your date?"

"No, it's fine I-" I shook away the feeling of lightheadedness. "I can do this." I put of the best smile I could muster up.

"Uhhh..." Star seemed unsure as she out in my make up and fixed my hair. "Okay, if you say so. Just, if you really don't feel good, say something. We wouldn't want something like last time to happen in the middle of the restaurant."

   We need Kaiden.

No we don't! Stop talking!

The door bell rang, making both of us jump. I rushed down the stairs hearing Star yell, "Be careful," on the way. I opened the door and rushed out, slamming into Logan.

"Well someone's eager?" He chuckled. Blushing, I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "You look beautiful. Are you ready to go?"

   "Yeah, I am."

~~~

As we got closer to the restaurant, the feeling of being drained worsened. I was getting cold in 75 degree weather and tugging and the length of my dress in attempt to keep warm. I felt weak in the knees as we walked closer and closer to the door.

   "I pre-ordered for us, I hope that's okay?" Logan asked.

   "N-no, it's no p-problem at all," I stuttered. He led me in and the sense of knowing washed over me, but I didn't exactly know what I knew.