Chapter 11

"I was thinking, maybe you could come stay with me for a while?" Logan tried to speak to me again. This made me angrier than I already was.

    Without looking at him, I grabbed the books I needed from my locker and slammed it shut. "And I was thinking maybe you could just get lost. I don't know, maybe go accuse someone else of sleeping around behind your back."

  Let's pause for a moment and rewind to how we got to this point.

    I woke up and instantly found myself looking at the flask of blood across my bedroom. Once I had figured out what was inside the bottle, I ran to my room with the bottle in hand and locked the door. I spent my weekend staring at the bottle. They all tried to open the door to talk to me but I couldn't. I was lost and confused, I had things to figure out and I needed to do it on my own.

   As Monday came, I seemed to slowly become a character in The Walking Dead. I was tired, my skin lacked pigment; it was almost gray. I went from glowing to a corpse in three days. My eyes were sunken in and dilated, let's be honest here- I looked disgusting. I got dressed and stepped out of my room for the first time since Friday.

"Oh dear! Honey come quick!" My mom called out to my dad. "It's Tyler!" The patter of feet running towards me halted as my dad and brother took in my appearance.

"Woah.." Frankie said. Yeah, I get it. I look like human trash.

Mom reached a hand out to touch my shoulder. Once her fingers brushed against my skin, I flinched as if my skin would burst into flames any second. Tears formed in her eyes and her bottom lip shook. "Tyler I want you to go to your room and go to bed. You aren't going to school today."

   I rolled my eyes and went to step pass her. Frankie gently stopped me. "Guys I'll be fine. Just let me go to school."

    "No. Ty you are staying home." Frankie said. "Listen, you know that you don't look... that great right now. And your entire aura is about to break into a million pieces. Stay-"

  "Ty-ty?" Tori walked out of her room, rubbing her eyes.  I turned around and saw her with a sad smile.  "Drink the juice Ty-ty. It'll make you better."

  My mom and dad looked at each other and then back at me. "Drink it," my dad said unsurely. "We tried years ago to stop this from happening, but it never works. If this is what's been helping you over the years, then do it. Besides, if Victoria says it's the right thing to do than it must be true." We all looked at little Tori. She had a far away look in her eyes yet they twinkled.

  "If she doesn't drink, she'll die. If she does drink, she'll heal. She'll need more until her body can't take anymore and she'll need to change-"

  "Tori what are you-" I was cut off my my brother's whisper.

  "Psychic, remember? She's telling you what she sees. It's not always 100% correct, because you can change your fate."

   Tori continued, but her eyes lost the twinkle. "She has to drink it, mama! I don't want her to die!" She began to cry and latched onto our mothers leg. My mom looked up at me, tears running down her cheeks, her eyes pleading.

   "Don't make me do it. I won't!" I growled. My voice was hoarse and animalistic. I grasped at my throat and gasped.

   Frankie squeezed my hand, "Tinkerbell, please. We don't like the idea either. But it's the only way right now." He stared into my eyes. Never in my life, have I seen my brother this upset. He looked as if he were about to break down any second.