Chapter 4

"Can you just, oh I don't know, NOT TOUCH ME!" I screamed as I sat on the top branch of another random tree.

What's going on, you ask? Let me recap for you.

RECAP IN 5...4...3...2...1!

I woke up in Logan's arms as he carried me towards a house. I flailed my arms around and kicked my legs, causing Logan to stop and try to prevent me from falling out of his arms. HE FAILED. I landed on the ground with a THUMP and crawled away. I managed to get up and start to run.

The creep laughed. "You can run all you want, but you won't get very far. Remember what I told you?" That stupid mutt, of course I would remember! How could I forget that I was kidnapped by a secret species, called WEREWOLVES, which my cousin and dance teacher also happen to be, and that I am one's soulmate?! I mean sure, it's a lot to remember but, it's not hard to forget either!

I ran into the woods, and after hearing Logan growl, I ran faster. I looked behind me and saw him walking towards me. That cocky jerk knows I won't get far.

But what does a monkey do when they're being chased by a lion? They climb, duh!

That's exactly what I did. One branch after the next, I climbed high up into the tree. Once I was at the top, I glanced down to see Logan's shocked face. "What's wrong, afraid of heights? Oh wait, I forgot! Dogs can't climb trees!" I smirked in success.

Logan glared, his eyes flashing the familiar gold of the time we first met. "You either come down, or I come up. Take your pick, babe."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not coming down. I refuse to go anywhere with you! So go away... And don't call me babe!" Logan chuckled to himself and with a shake of his head, he walked away.

He walked away...

That's when I realized I couldn't get down, and I refused to ask him for help. I tried to step down but once I put a little pressure onto it, it snapped and fell to the ground. I gasped and grabbed for the branch above me. Using that branch, I swung to another one. I carefully sat down on it, leaning against the tree's trunk. "Why, karma? What have I done to upset you?!" I shouted, shaking my fist at the sky.

Logan's POV

"Why, karma? What have I done to upset you?!" My mate shouted at the sky. I chuckled along with my Beta, Ryder. We watched from the front porch of the pack house as my mate struggled to get down from the tree. A second ago she gave up and sat down. Now she is slowly falling asleep.

"I'm going to go get her. See ya later man!" I called out to Ryder as I walked towards the occupied tree. Heading towards her, I noticed her body slowly begin the lean to the side. She was going to fall. I ran over in time to catch her. She jolted awake and screamed angrily, shoving herself away from my chest and falling onto the ground. Like a repeat of history, she took off running towards another tree. But this time, I wasn't amused. "Listen, I don't want to play anymore games, alright? Sweetheart, just come back to the house."

Her heated glare pierced through me. This would be one of those, "if looks could kill" moments. Her voice came out in a frustrated growl, "Would you stop calling me pet names? I am not your hamster! You probably don't even know my name, do you?" Crap, she's right! She took my silence as the answer. "Exactly! You kidnapped me and you don't even know who I am! How could you be sure I'm even your so called 'mate'!?"

I felt my wolf begging to take control, but it denied it. I snarled, "You are my mate, do you understand me? I could sense you from across the forest. My wolf gets overjoyed at the near thought of you. Once mates look into each others eyes, they know. There's something there that's captivating, almost inviting, and you can't seem to look away. You can't get them off your mind, and find it comforting to be near them. Just the thought of them can make you happy. So no, I don't know your name! Nobody would tell me your name and it's kinda hard to ask you, WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO RUN AWAY FROM ME ALL THE TIME!" I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. I had to calm down. I had lost my temper and I didn't want to scare her more than she probably is. "All I'm saying is, stop running and give me a chan-" I opened my eyes and she was gone. Looking up in the new tree she was attempting to hide in, I sighed, "Fine. Looks like I'm going up this time."

Back to Tyler's POV and Present Time

"Can you just, oh I don't know, NOT TOUCH ME!" I screamed as I sat on the top branch of another random tree. Logan tried to reach for me again but I swatted his arm away. He had climbed up into the tree about five minutes ago and has been annoying me ever since.

Logan groaned and held his hands up in surrender. He was sitting across from me on another branch, swinging his legs back and forth. During his little speech a moment ago, his eyes turned gold. They fascinated me with the way they had a dangerous yet welcoming spark about them. As he finished lecturing me about mates and stuff, his eyes slowly went back to a normal...human color.

"Why do your eyes turn gold?" I whispered, almost inaudible. His eyes widened. He was probably shocked that I was even trying to make a civilized conversation.

"They-uh, they react to different emotions. Anger, love, uh...lust. Stuff like that, I guess. They also change when I'm doing certain things too."

"Like what?" I asked curiously.

He smirked. "You'll find out eventually." I don't get it...

"Will I be able to see my family again?" I changed the topic to a more serious matter, turning Logan's smirk into a sad frown.

"Of course. You didn't think that I would keep you from your family, did you?" Well I mean, if the shoe fits...

Instead of speaking my thoughts, I just shrugged. We were quiet for a couple minutes until I heard him mumble something. "What?"

He chuckled, "I asked, what's your name or should I just keep calling you random things?"

I snorted; I know, very unladylike. But nonetheless, I smiled at him. "Tyler. My name is Tyler."

His face lit up before it scrunched up like a confused puppy. It was honestly quite adorable. A droplet of water landed on his nose before it randomly started to downpour. "It's raining," he stated.

I rolled my eyes, standing up on the branch along with Logan. "Thanks for notifying me, Captain Obvious." He laughed and went to open his mouth to reply, but that was quickly changed due to my falling state. I managed to slip on the branch and fall backwards from the tree. But instead of crashing on the ground, I landed on something...someone else. Logan groaned from underneath me. "Oh my Thor! Logan, are you okay? How did you...?"

He gave a tight smile, "I'm fine, I'm fine. I jumped after you and switched places before we hit the ground."

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as we laid on the ground in the pouring rain. "Thank you for breaking my fall."

His hand reached for mine as we stayed sprawled out and staring into the gray sky, as water droplets landed on our faces. "Anytime, Tyler. Anytime."