32

Updated

*Rosie*

I don't not think I've moved from this bed since I got here. Leia or Luke would come in to check on me or bring me food but that's the only contact I've had for the past three days. I was numb.

Tomorrow was the day the Rebels are attacking the Death Star. Of course, this did not help my nerves or my depression. Not only was I worried about Anakin but also for my son. I just got him back, losing him would be more than I can bare.

"Hey, are you alright?" Leia's voice filled the room. I sat up and smiled softly.

"Im getting there," I chuckled. "How's it going out there. I hear all the yelling and the chaos so one can only assume."

"It's absolute chaos as you said. I can barely take a step without being asked hundreds of questions at once. Again, I understand I'm the general but these people need to sometimes just use their brain." She groaned. "Like the pilots pilot, the commanders, command, everyone has a job and a superior but no one goes to them and goes straight to me. I put people second and third in command for a reason."

"I see what your coming from, that would be quite frustrating." I chuckled. "Anyway, hows Luke and all of them doing? He preparing for tomorrow?"

"Why don't we go and see them? Luke says he misses you and Han would never admit to it but he and Cherie do as well. You've been stuck in here for days, come and get some fresh air, take a walk around the compound. It'll be nice." She commented. I thought about but eventually sighed, she was right.

"Ok just let me go get dressed into something more appropriate." I huffed. Leia cheered making me smile at her happiness. At least she didn't look exhausted.

I quickly grabbed a green dress with a black beading on it and changed. I pinned the front two pieces of hair back and placed a simple gold tiara on my head with some earrings. "Ok, I'm ready."

"You look lovely, the boys should be in the main hangar." Leia informed me. We walked out and I was immediately met with people running around like maniacs.

People were yelling at each other and calling each other names. They were pacing around back and forth, mumbling incoherent things to themselves, some were even pulling at their hair in frustration. Clearly, this whole thing was a complete and utter disaster.

"Now you see what I mean?" Leia whispered to me. I nodded, completely shocked at what was happening in this base.

We walked by all the chaos around us until we came to the main hangar. Just as Leia stated earlier, the boys were there laughing and talking next to a fighter. A small graced my lips at the sight of Luke, it still hasn't really hit me that Luke and Leia were my children.

"Hey guys" I waved, blushing slightly.

"Ah, look who left her cave" Han mocked. I rolled my eyes at him but still let a smile come through.

"Yeah, yeah whatever" I grinned. "How have you guys been doing in here?"

"Good, it's stressful though. I have this pressure that I'm putting on myself to avenge Obi Wan. And not just for me but for you too. You knew him longer, you didn't deserve that." Luke frowned, recalling the death of his new friend.

"Don't let that cloud your judgement. I'm fine, I'm recovering nicely. How about you?" I asked softly, I was avoiding the whole avenging part. I internally cringed, thinking about how Luke wants to hurt his own father; even though he didn't know it was his father.

"I will be fine once we get rid of that Death Star!" He exclaimed. I nodded my head, not knowing how I personally should respond knowing my predicament.

"So, what have you been doing anyway princess? You have been hanging out in that room for a while" Han commented once again. I bit my lip as my thoughts jumbled up once again. Anakin. That's all I could think about. Luke. Leia. It was a mess.

"I just...thought about some things, got over some things. Just needed the me time is all." I shrugged.

"Makes sense, again, I know we all keep saying it but we're so sorry for your loss" Luke placed a hand on my shoulder in a comforting way.

"I've lost a lot before. I'm used to it." I sighed. I lied; I've lost everything.

"Well we will do our best to try and make sure you don't anymore." Leia grinned. "Anyway, how are you boys feeling about tomorrow?"

"Me and Chewie are getting out of here" Han scoffed. Leia rolled her eyes and ignored him, you could see it was a battle she didn't feel like dealing with now.

"I'm nervous but super excited, this is my first time piloting a fighter jet. I've always watched up in the night sky and saw as they passed by swiftly, I wanted to be one for as long as I could remember. Piloting is in my blood, I can feel it." Luke explained.

A smile made its way onto my lips as I recalled the story of when Padme first met Anakin. He was the best podracer on Tattoine at only nine years old. Piloting really was in Luke's blood.

"You will do great. I'm sure you were born to fly" I commented, as the happy memories still flooded my head.

"You think so?" Luke asked.

"I know so" I confirmed. And I really did know so. Yet, I was still nervous but not for Luke's skills. But because Anakin. I felt uneasy, Anakin isn't going down easy but who's to say he won't go for Luke? Anakin is very powerful, I know he can sense the force in him. One can only hope blood is thicker than water in this case.

*Anakin*

I was going out of my mind. It was like the guilt and eagerness for her was a parasite crawling through my veins. I needed her with me. I needed to make things right; she needed to know I did this for her.

"Any new information" I questioned the entire control room. I've been pacing and analyzing each researcher for close to an hour.

"No sir, were very sorry. We are continuing to look" the commander answered, looking almost annoyed that I've asked again. I looked at him in utter confusion; how dare he respond to me that way? I simply lifted my hand, cutting off his air supplies and listened as his body hit the ground now completely lifeless.

"Anyone else want to make a snarky comment" I snapped. Most head shook no, clear expressions of fear on every one of them.

Walking through the halls was easy, a path was cleared for me no matter where my foot stepped. I was in an urgent retreat to my room where a meeting via hologram was waiting. Master Sidous had some vital information to share with me.

I took out the comlink and connected to him on his shape. His hooded figure appeared in my room, buzzing and fluttering in a blue light.

"Good evening Master" I bowed my head.

"Hello, Darth Vader. How's the search on that space ship coming?" He asked, not really sounding all that interested.

"It's getting there" I answered. "What's this you needed to discuss about the rebels?" I changed the topic, not feeling like discussing the hardships of finding the love of my life once again.

"I found out that tomorrow, they plan to attack. I need you to warn everyone to prepare for a battle. We shall do everything and anything to protect that station." He informed me.

"Yes master. I will make sure everyone puts in their best efforts in protecting this ship." I repeated.

"That is all. Keep me updated on this whole...mission to find that spaceship. You said the boy was force sensitive, right?" He asked.

"Yes, there was something familiar about him too." I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was just yet.

"Is that so?" He chuckled. My jaw clenched in annoyance.

"Yes Master" I responded.

"You'll find out in time, I must go now. Protect the Death Star" He repeated before ending the call.