9

Updated

We were sitting beside a beautiful lake with a waterfall next to it just discussing the most random things; including my least favorite subject: politics. The day was amazing and I didn't want it to end.

Anakin stood up and offered me a hand which I accepted.  We then started to walk around the field next to the lake when we saw these big creatures. "Watch this" he grinned running over to them. There was an entire herd of them and I eventually lost sight. I was starting to feel nervous.

"Anakin?" I yelled out into the field of creatures hoping to spot him. Much to my despair, there was no answer or figure insight. I picked up the skirt of my dress and began moving towards the herd when the sound of laughter filled my ears. I turned towards the source and saw Anakin attempting to stand on top of one of the creatures. I stopped on my tracks and watched as giggles escaped my lips. He was doing pretty well riding the creature until he wasn't. The creature shot him forward and off of his back before running away angrily.

"Anakin are you ok?" I gasped running over to where he lay face down in the grass. He started shaking which fueled my anxiety even more. I reached down and grabbed his shoulder to turn him around. When I flipped him over he wasn't in pain but he was hysterically laughing. I gasped and nudged his shoulder. "Anakin you can't scare me like that!" I smiled.

"Sorry your majesty" he smirked reaching up and grabbing my waist, forcing me down. I laughed as we started rolling down the hill playfully. When we came to the bottom I was out of breath and floating in joy. Anakin was the same.

I was on my back looking up into his eyes with a large smile on my lips as he was on top of me and looking down with a huge smile on his face. "Thank you for today, it was amazing." I blushed, feeling weak by the intense stare in his eyes. He smirked and nodded.

"Any time, Princess" he whispered leaning down. I wasted no time reaching up and wrapping my arms around his neck as he placed his lips on mine. He immediately reached down and gripped my waist, pressing my body flush against his.

Our lips moved in sync, picking up speed as we continued. Anakin turned his head to gain more access as he ran his tongue along my bottom lip. I opened up slightly, allowing him to slip his tongue inside. The feeling was definitely foreign but I didn't mind. I liked it.

Eventually we pulled away from the heated kiss, surely both of our lips swollen and red. "We should head back" I breathed out, my cheeks tinted red from embarrassment. Anakin's face was full of pride as a smirk graced his lips.

"Yeah, lets go" he got off of me and helped me up, keeping his fingers laced in mine as we walked back to the palace in a comfortable silence.

This allowed me to look over what had just happened. My cheeks were turning red once again as I realized what we had just done. Images flashed in my mind of us pressed together in the grass, entangled together. Anakin looked down at me and sent me a knowing look before winking and releasing my hand to wrap it around my shoulders. "Your blushing" he teased.

"Stop" I whined covering my face making him laugh. We approached the palace with smiles across our faces. When we reached the doors Anakin removed his arm, making me miss the contact.

"Where is Master Kenobi?" He asked the guard.

"He is in a meeting with Senator Amidala and the King and Queen. They should not be done for a while but he told me to relay a message. He says if they return before we finish tell them to eat dinner and he will talk to Anakin afterwards." The guard spoke.

"Thank you sir" Anakin nodded, nudging me inside.

"I'll go grab some fruits for us to eat, you can sit at the dining table." I told him. He nodded and walked away towards the dining table while I grabbed some food for us. I came of carrying two large bowls of fruit, desperately balancing them in my arms.

"Let me help" Anakin grinned coming over and relieving me of the bowls. He set them down on the table and sat on the opposite side of it. I took my fork and grabbed a pear out of the bowl and was preparing to cut it when it started to float off my plate. I looked up confused until I saw Anakin focusing on it, clearly using his Jedi powers to control it. He brought it over to his plate and started cutting it, glancing up at me every so often.

"Obi Wan would be very grumpy if he saw me doing this" he said laughing slightly. I smiled and watched as he lifted a piece of the freshly cut fruit off his plate and sent it over to me. I poked it with my fork and took a bite smiling at him. He laughed and sent the rest of the fruit over to me before indulging in his own fruits.

When we finished eating we walked into one of our many lounging rooms that had only a fire place and the night stars to light the room. I sat down on the couch and Anakin followed. We sat there in silence, tension filling the room, until Anakin broke it.

"I know I only met you a couple days ago but not a moment has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm here next to you...I'm in agony.  The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... Hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... What can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am please, tell me."

I sat there taking in his words. With every syllable I wanted to spill my own heart out and just ourselves fall for each other. I almost did too. Almost. I couldn't bear to think that if anyone ever found out he would be kicked out of the Jedi order and ruined for life.

"I-I can't. We can't. It's just not possible" I said quietly looking down.

"Anything is possible. Rosie, please listen to me." He said practically begging me. I shook my head and blinked to clear the tears that filled my eyes. I stood up and faced him, prepping myself for what had to come next.

"No you listen, we live in a real world Anakin, come back to it. You're going to be a master Jedi soon and I-I'm being trained to be a Queen or maybe a senator like Padme. If you follow your thoughts through to a conclusion, then it will take us to place we can not go. Regardless of the way we feel about each other." I spoke lowly and softly, hoping to ease both of or pain.

"Then you do feel something!" He said standing up in front me. The look in his eyes was slowly lowering my guard but I needed to be stronger.

"I can't let you give up your future for me" I whispered looking him in the eyes.

"You're asking me to be rational. This is something I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't." Anakin said getting mad.

"Anakin you don't understand. I can not and will not have you ruin everything over me. It will not only destroy you but it will kill me more and more everyday. I never want to hurt you" I whimpered, desperately wanting him to understand.

"We could keep it a secret. No one would have to know." He said  turning around as he began walking out.

"We would be living a lie. It would eat us alive and destroy us" I whispered, keeping my dress focused on the ground.

"Your right. I'm sorry princess" he said and stormed out. I felt tears come to my eyes. Why did I have ruin every thing once again? I wish he knew that I would literally give anything to be with him. I just can't ask him to risk everything for me.

I kept my head down as I hurried up to my room where I could wallow in my own self pity. I clearly was hating myself at the moment and I didn't need anyone to see their superior this way. Once inside my room, every wall or shield I built up for Anakin broke and so did I.