6

Updated

The next morning I woke up, momentarily forgetting what had happened. When it all hit me again, it was as though someone had emptied a bucket of rocks on my chest and cut off my air supply. To think I was really starting to like Anakin and then I had to ruin it...

"Rosie, time to start getting ready. We're leaving in about half an hour." Padme's voice rang through the room as she called from the other side of the door.

"Ok" I responded weakly as I crawled out of bed. Remembering the goal was to look like a commoner I threw my hair up into a ponytail.To be honest, I was in no mood to dress up after the events of the past couple nights. This being the case, I threw on a simple blue dress with black designs and clipped a plain brown cloak over it to hide the material. This should do...

Swallowing my pride I walked out into the main room and shot Padme a small, fake smile. Her outfit was a lot more elaborate in a Naboo commoner type of way. I was more of a general commoner.

Beside her stood the two people who I really didn't want to see considering my growing feelings for one. I could feel Anakin's eyes burning into me, making me feel weak and nimble. If I wasn't supposed to be a strong minded princess who's next in line for the thrown then I would've ran back into the room and locked the door. His gaze was that strong.

"The transport ship is ready to board. Let's go." Obi Wan stated, walking alongside Padme on the way out as they had a serious but hushed conversation. What are the odds that me and Anakin would be left alone?

"Anakin-" I tried but he immediately cut me off.

"Don't. You were right. I don't want to nor do we have to have this conversation. Let's just go." Anakin grumbled purposely sliding passed me and out the door. A shaky sigh released my lips as I followed close behind him and out into the transport ship.

The doors shut behind me and then we flew off. I took a seat next to the window and stared out, trying to clear my mind. There was no denying how hurt I was feeling. There was also no denying how much self pity I was feeling. Why did I become attached so easily? I had just met him and yeah he saved my life but it felt like it was too soon. Why was I drawn to him like a magnet? My mind was reeling with thoughts and questions regarding the blonde haired blue eyed Jedi who was supposed to protect me.

The ride back to Naboo was not nearly as brutal as I expected it to be. I managed to keep to myself and ignore the conversations Anakin, Padme, and Obi Wan were having whether it be serious or light hearted. Thankfully no one questioned my behavior.

"We are now landing, please take a seat. You may feel slight bumps or blips." A voice spoke through a speaker that filled the cabin of the ship. Everybody sat down and waited patiently for the ship to land on the platform outside our palace. The closer we got the clearer it became and I saw the entire staff lined up outside awaiting our arrival.

"Gosh I forgot they did this whenever a royal comes home." Padme sighed as she too saw the crowd of people lined up outside the palace.

"Is this for you two?" Obi Wan asked as he glanced out the window curiously.

"Rosie. I'm not technically royalty any longer. I serve in the senate and in Naboo you can't be both." Padme answered. He nodded, glancing over to me.