23

Updated

Once the contractions stopped and I was able to move again, I walked over to the large window in our living room. My eyes followed all the flashing lights of speeders racing by. The thing is though, I wasn't looking for those speeders, I was looking out for Anakin. From my particular spot, I had a clear view of the Jedi temple. My head was filling up with thoughts and questions on where my husband was. What if he's hurt? What if something's wrong? Will I ever see him again?

So many thoughts swirled mercilessly around in my head. A whimper escaped my lips as I thought of only one solution to this pain: I needed him, right now. I needed him beside me with his arms wrapped tightly around me, the way I love so dearly.

The longer I stared at the temple of pictured my Anakin beside me, holding me tight, the harder it became to stay sane. The tear ducts in the back of my eyes swelled as my vision blurred due to the salty tears building up. I tried to stay strong for Anakin's sake but without the physical feeling of his arms around me, I broke.

*Anakin*

I sat alone in the council room with only my thoughts to torment me. What should I do? I know if I follow my heart, something could happen that would change my life forever. On the same spectrum, Rosie was the only thing in this world I truly looked forward to and loved. If I lost her, who knows what my fate would be.

I sighed as my eyes caught the sight of the penthouse from the temple windows. I slowly walked over and stared out at the building. A weird surge of energy washed through me; I could feel her. She was sad and hurting; she was in need of something. I felt tears come to my eyes as I realized what I must do. I had to change my fate.

Not many minutes later, I'm running into the senate building knowing I had already made my decision. I reached the Chancellors office and saw three jedi masters lying dead on the floor. I continued on, following the sound of broken glass and clashing light sabers. I managed to find them, seeing Master Windu with his lightsaber in pointed in Palpatine's  face as he was cowering on the edge of the big broken window.

"You are under arrest, my lord" Master Windu sneered glaring down at Chancellor Palpatine (if you can even call him that).

"Anakin, I told you it would come to this. I was right, the Jedi are taking over!" Chancellor Palpatine cried, glancing over at me.

"The oppression of the Sith will never return, you have lost." Master Windu replied darkly.

"No, no,no you will die" Chancellor Palpatine screamed and shot blue lightning from his fingers at Master Windu. Master Windu lifted his lightsaber to block it and directed the Lightning back down to Palpatine. I squinted at the bright tight and watched, my anger and worry growing stronger with each second.

"I have the power to save the one you love Anakin, you must choose" the chancellor managed to get out.

"Don't listen to him Anakin" Master Windu yelled.

"Don't let him kill me!" Chancellor Palpatine cried helplessly. I looked at them both; I was torn. "I can't hold it any longer. I've g-g-got too weak. Anakin help me! Help me Anakin!" he sputtered out. The lightning stopped and the chancellor lay on the ground completely shattered.

"I am going to end this once and for all" Master Windu yelled pointing his light saber at the chancellor once again.

"You can't, he must stand trial" I finally spoke up, glaring at Master Windu.

"He has control of the senate and the courts, he's to dangerous to be left alive" Master Windu told me.

"I'm to weak! Help, help me Anakin. Please let me live" Chancellor Palpatine pleaded.