19

Updated

About 8 months later

"When are we going to hold this meeting? I'm sure you understand  that, surely, the severity of a separatist attack is actually higher than ever. The clone wars are ending but that's only making the seperatist leaders more confident. We must have the discussion, this being the case the Chancellor needs to be there for the meeting" Padme explained rather angrily to one of the Chancellor's guards.

"I'm very sorry Senator but the Chancellor did not tell me when we will make up the meeting. He told me to tell anyone who was upset or curious as to his whereabouts that it was very important business. It involves a Jedi, one he must consult with." The guard informed us.

"A Jedi?" I questioned. The Jedi council usually tends to steer clear of any form of politics; they despise it. It's rather strange how the chancellor is having a private meeting with one due to their past history.

"Yes mi'lady." He confirmed. "One you both know actually, I believe you all were friends with him. Anakin Skywalker?" My heart stopped for a second at the sound of his name.

"Anakin?" I asked, my voice a couple octaves higher. The guard simply nodded. "Oh...well thank you for informing us of he situation." I concluded.

"Of course" he bowed his head and walked out of Padme's office, shutting the door.

"Why was Anakin talking to the chancellor? Did you know about this?"  Padme asked.

"Not at all, in fact, Anakin has been rather...distant lately." I admitted. He wasn't himself. He was very closed off around me which is something he never was and it's scaring me.

"I'm sorry Rosie, maybe he's just under a lot of stress with the war and all. He is known as a hero throughout the galaxy" Padme reminded me. I sighed, putting a hand on my stomach that was quite round now. The people of the senate are always talking about how excited they are for me to have my kids which is ironic because my family at home is very disappointed that I got pregnant.

"Yes I know that but, we've always been so open. Now he barely says hi to me when he gets home from work" I told her, it was starting to make me upset. I didn't want to believe the fact that he was becoming distant and saying it aloud only made it worse.

"He will come around. Have faith in your love for each other." She smiled. "Now, I must get home to Sky and David."

"I guess I should head home too, Anakin should be home soon unless he's still talking to the chancellor" I sighed. Padme sent me a sorry smile.

"Talk to him. Communication is key, Rosie. Now we really need to go." She rushed, practically pushing me out the door.

~

"Hello?" I called into the penthouse, hoping Anakin was here.

"Miss. Rosie, how lovely it is to see you" C3PO spoke as he came into the room. I sighed, smiling kindly at him.

"Hey, 3PO. Has Anakin been home at all?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not, miss." He responded.

"It's ok, thanks though." I huffed walking into the kitchen. I was starving, especially since I was eating for two now. I figured I would cook some food for Anakin, even though he's practically ignored me for the last couple of weeks. He was still my husband and I still loved and cared for him.