Chapter 8

[A/N: Dedication to hellomynameis1999 because I’m the author and can do stuff like that. Thanks for reading and leaving that comment!

As for the next part, do I really need to say it? It deals with a glossary and the end if you haven’t caught on yet. *Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, eh? Eh?*]

A little help would be nice right about now, I prayed to the Maiores as I tried to drag Jackson so I could prop him up against a tree. I may be a Forest Sprite surrounded by her element, but Jackson is pretty heavy. I would estimate he weighs close to 200 pounds or something like that! I honestly might have more luck trying to move a robur than him.

I grunted, trying to drag the poor Beta by his arms without dislocating his shoulders… I think he moved about an inch, and I have been pulling for five minutes.

“Maledicam matris arbor! Te futueo et caballum tuum! Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareis!” I yelled in frustration, making no sense.

In response, the forest around me began to shake as if a violent wind were blowing. The saplings, which moments ago were holding Jackson as my Tenebrae threatened to eat him, shook to the point where I was worried they were about to snap until I shouted once more. “Non grave, vobis morons!”

The forest quieted once more, returning to its usual calm state.  The birds, which had flown off, returned and began to happily chirp while the forest animals once more began to go about their daily lives, doing whatever it is they do, as if nothing had happened.

Fatuis.

Turning my attention back to the man passed out on the forest floor, I huffed in frustration at this situation. Even with the help of faerie dust and my pixies I doubt I would be able to move that brick-wall of a person.

“I hope you are comfortable, pondus,” I told him as if he were awake, plopping myself down against the tree I was attempting to drag him to. As I waited for Jackson to wake-up, I decided to brood about all that’s gone wrong so far while I have been in this realm. The mental list appear to be something like:

1. We were found by a Werewolf pack before we could even leave the pond

2. I have had multiple flashback episodes

3. I have been underestimated by everyone I have come across merely because I wear a dress and not the odd human trousers

4. The Alpha, who I like but I should not, has claimed to be my ‘mate’

5. I have probably angered my pixies and they might not want to help me anymore

But worse of all, even worse than this mysterious, attractive Alpha Evan, there are no vinea and only a few robur! And who knows how long we’ll be here!

“Fortuna ego non credo. Evasisse potuerim illud pessimum est. Hoc est etiam gravius ​​quam vultures paludes in meridie, cum venit ad colligunt pro mortuis cadaveribus, vel fere adhæsit sabulo,” I ranted under my breath, picking some of those annoying sticker bushes off my dress which will probably not be so pristinely white after sitting on the forest floor.

Mother is going to have a heart attack when she sees my dress when I wash it. I may even have to use some precious faeries dust to get the stains out. How I wish I had my powers and I was a dusting faerie! Life would be so much easier.

“Creepy girl, say what?” asked Jackson groggily yet confused, probably only catching the hind-end of my rant – in a language he does not speak, drawing me out of my thoughts.

I chuckled at his question. “Creepy girl says: ‘Only a complete and utter pansy would faint at a girl saying she is a faerie’, grave cinaede,” I responded jokingly.