"You bitch!" He screams when I twist his arm even more. I smile at the sickening pops that come from his arm, but my joy is short lived as I feel his fist connect with my stomach multiple times. He doesn't hesitate to throw me, and for one peaceful second I'm airborne.

And then I hit the ground with a thud.

He runs forward, and I grab a nice sized rock and chuck it at him. It hits him in the eye, distracting him for a second. I stand up and kick him in the chest. He stumbles back a bit, and rushes forward again to attack me. He throws another punch, and I block it, elbowing him in the face. I bring my elbow up to elbow him again, but he grabs me by my legs and throws me. I scream as I go flying into the willow.

When my body collides, I smack my head back against the tree before falling. I groan on the ground, trying to push myself up. I'm not quick enough when he grabs me by the sides of my jacket and hoists me up. He proceeds to punch me over and over in the face, and slams me back into the tree. He grins at me, his face already healing.

"See, Princess," He sneers. "You're weak. You should have know this would end badly for you."

With one last surge of anger, I bring my knees up and push him off of me. The amount of force I used sends him flying into one of the other trees that almost traps us in a circle. He grunts when he hits the tree, and I run forward with werewolf speed. I grab him by his arms and slam him as hard as I can into the ground, visibly dazing him.

"Enough blabbering, if you're going to brag make sure you actually have something to brag about." I wipe blood from my nose, which is still bleeding.

He stares up at me, anger blazing in his eyes. "You're dead." He whispers, before standing up at werewolf speed and grabbing me. He throws me to the ground, and straddles my waist. I struggle underneath him, but to no avail.

He punches me countless times without an ounce of mercy. He stops, but just to put his hands around my neck. He squeezes to the point I can't breathe. I thrash around, but I hardly move at all. I bring my hands up and claw at his hands, he lets go of my throat and grabs my hands and slams them down next to my sides.

"Don't worry, princess. I'll make it as painful as I can." He says, and I start to thrash around. I can't die, not now. Not after everything I've been through, after everything my parents went through to make sure I got to live. I have to live, I've never felt such a drive to be alive until now.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!" I scream at the top of my lungs, thrashing around. He brings his fist down on my face, doing it over and over, leaving me dazed more and more after each hit. Blood drains into my mouth and down my neck.

I feel myself start to slip from this world. I should've just released my wolf...but I'm too weak now for her to come out. I start to close my eyes, the punches becoming more and more numbing. But why hasn't he released his wolf to kill me? I guess I'll never find out. I take in possibly my last few breaths, and that's when the smell hits me. Minty sweet.

The weight is all the sudden lifted off of me and the punches stop. I will my eyes to stay open but everything is blurry, kind of like a dream. I hear grunting and groans, but they all sound weird. Almost made up. I feel myself losing consciousness and I desperately try to hold on to it.

I feel myself being lifted. The arms that lift me lay under my knees, and around my upper back. I'm able to crack  my eyes open long enough to see those icy blue orbs staring down into mine.

And then darkness consumes me, like a curtain at the end of a play...

I wake up on a soft surface to the smell of bacon. It takes me a couple of seconds to realize that I'm in my room. I remember the events that happened, and I stand up. My entire body aches and I walk over to my mirror to see the damage. Though my werewolf healing has made most of the smaller wounds disappear and made the pain fade, the claw marks are vibrant along with countless bruises.

My eyes widen in horror at what Lydia must think. I stumble out of my room quickly, ignoring the aching pain in my back. I hobble down the stairs and towards the kitchen where I can smell food being made.

I see Lydia's back turned, and I immediately go up and hug her from behind. She turns around, and frowns when she sees me. "You have some major explaining to do." She says, and I nod sitting on a stool. I start explaining everything, from going on my walk to almost being murdered by that psycho.

"You don't understand how worrying it was to come home and have the gut feeling that something was wrong." She scolds, and I look down in guilt. "And then to hear a knock on the door reveal Dylan carrying you." I remember Dylan's eyes which means he was the one who saved me.

But why?

"Alexandra, I thought you died." She says, and I look up at her pained expression. But I quickly look back down in guilt. "And of all people to bring you back here, Dylan did. I thought he had killed you." I see actual tears coming from her eyes. I stand up and hug her.

"I'm sorry Lydia." I say, and pull away.

"You nearly died, why didn't you shift?" She asks, and I look at her in confusion.

"I was told I couldn't..." I said, and she makes a snorting sound.

"I don't care how many rules you break, next time someone almost kills you, rip them to shreds." She says in a deadly voice. "You need to go talk go Dylan." She says, and I raise my eyebrows.

"Why?" I ask, and she starts eating some of the bacon. She offers me a piece, and I take it. I finish it in a couple of seconds.

"Because he needs to tell you something and he sounded urgent..." She says quietly, and I nod.

I turn to walk towards the door but halt. "Thank you Lydia." I say, and grab a jacket. Before I leave she calls my name.

"Please be careful this time." She says, and I nod before heading out the door to see Dylan.

QUESTION: What would you like to see more of in this story?
A) Romance
B) Friendship
C) Drama
D) Action
E) Other (list what it would be)
"Nobody can make you happy until you're happy with yourself first."