There was a Crooked Man

There was a crooked man

He walked a crooked mile

He found a crooked sixpence

Upon a crooked stile

He bought a crooked cat

Which caught a crooked mouse

And they all lived together in a little crooked house

There is a saying that when the inner life is full of darkness then everything else that is done is also full of darkness. This nursery rhyme, "There was a Crooked Man," reinforces that concept. Everywhere the wicked man went was crooked, the money he took was crooked from a crooked fence, he bought a crooked pet that caught a crooked mouse, and they all lived in a crooked house. This all makes perfect sense when you think of the motivation behind the behaviors of those with a dark inner life. A crooked person will not be walking in the direction of a law enforcement complex because they intend to walk in areas where their wickedness will be concealed. Crooked people usually discover their money on a crooked wall that separates law abiding citizens from those of lawless activity. Subsequently, the money they gain from the crooked wall is also from crooked activity. Even owning a crooked pet is common because we see this basically every day. This is the idea that some dogs bark only at people in uniforms which represent a civil community. If loving and kind people of the straight side of life attempt to pet the dog then it results in being bitten.. Furthermore, a crooked mouse represents those people who steal from those who are crooked but suffer the consequences of being bitten by crooked pets. Moreover, people who live in darkness are not looking to live in a neighborhood that is full of light, goodness, and law-abiding behavior. In essence, the crooked person and all their crooked associates live together in a crooked house within a dark environment. Having an inner life that is full of darkness with crooked activity adversely impacts health, safety, social belonging, a relationship with the universal deity, and the expression of identity. An inner life full of fruitfulness and Light changes the direction of everything we do from day to day.

The decisions we make always originate within ourselves before becoming something tangible in our day-to-day life. For example, before we buy a gift for somebody we have various thought processes, we have various emotional feelings about the person, and then that gift becomes a reality in someone's life. In other words, the places we go of our inner life determines the character we become beyond everyday situations. If our inner life is totally corrupt or crooked then the thoughts and feelings we have will lead us to walk in places that identify and associate with those unfruitful desires. By walking in those unfruitful paths, we build walls that keep fruitful individuals from entering our life and have crooked money by defrauding those we build walls against. In association with those walls, crooked individuals have it within themselves to guard their wicked activities with vicious animals. If anyone attempts to cross them they are prepared to use violent force. The house they share together is full of hatred, faithlessness, violence, and fatal consequences. The thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that flow from their decisions are covered with cruelty, ill intent, harshness, aggression, pessimism, evilness, impatience, and overall out of control reactions. With that being said, we can comprehend how essential it is to have an inner life that is open to love, peace, faith, and perseverance. When those qualities possess us our thoughts and emotions will manifest in a way that benefit ourselves and our fellow human beings. Whatever miles we decide to walk, we will bring the spirit of goodwill, kindness, gentleness, meekness, self control, patience, joy, and goodness. The money we have is not from building walls against a civil people, and the pets we have are accustomed to cuddling and affection. The responses towards people who steal from us is not met with violence but through a civil process. We share our house with people whose inner life are full of fruitful, faithful, and civil intentions towards one another. When our inward life is full of light then our spirit permeates with constructive intentions.