Pop Goes the Weasel

Half a pound of tuppenny rice

Half a pound of treacle

Thats the way the money goes

Pop goes the weasel

Every night when I get home,

The monkey's on the table,

Take a stick and knock it off,

Pop goes the weasel.

Up and down the city road

In and out of the Eagle

Thats the way the money goes

Pop goes the weasel.

Ever have those days, or that life, when the work you do pops all the fruitful intentions out of you. You work and work and work just to have enough money for groceries but living without appreciation for what you do. Then when you finally get home there's a monkey on hour dining table and from being at the end of the yarn you act out with hostility shile at home. After that, you decide go out to spend the little money you do have on substance abuse. Then in the morning it's back to the daily yarn and after a thousand yards of knitting pop goes the weasel. In essence, we come to the end of our yarn and engage in unfruitful responses. Even so, through the spiritual fruit there is continuance at the end of the yarn.

The reality of this spiritual interpretation is written in historical records. During the 1700's and 1800's there was a cloth making machine that wound the yarn and it was called the weasel. Every 1000 yards the machine made a popping sound, thus derives, "Pop goes the weasel." The work done on the weasel would provide money to buy groceries in austere amounts. The shopping list would include tuppeny rice, and also treacle which was a dark molasses or syrup that is often referred to as an antidote for poison. The Eagle refers to The Eagle freehold pub at the corner of Shepherdess Walk and City Road, London. The Eagle was rebuilt as a music hall in 1825, the Salvation Army purchased it in 1883 whose entity was against drinking and the music hall. In 1901 the building was demolished then rebuilt as a public house. The public house bears a plaque with this interpretation of the nursery rhyme as well as the pub's history. Now, let's continue with this essay about continuing on when we come to the end of the yarn and the weasel goes POP!

The soft yarn of the spiritual fruit becomes wound so tight after a thousand yards and, Pop! we become unfruitful in all our activities of daily living. In other words, the softness of our inner life is the yarn that keeps us together when the Pop! sounds. We are able to continue in nerve-wracking situations when the fruit of the spirit is alive in us. The diminishing of the spiritual fruit causes a person to become wound tight with "stress," causing them to respond unfruitfully when the nerve-wracking Pop! sounds. The way we respond to situations after the Pop! sounds determines the atmosphere at work, in the home, and how we soothe our inner state. At the workplace we need the yarn of goodwill, gentleness, goodness, and patience to maintain positive relations with employers, coworkers, and customers. Otherwise, at the Pop! we react with ill-will, harshness, evilness, and impatience in the course of performing our work. In the home, we need kindness, meekness, joy, and self-control, otherwise at the Pop! we react with cruelty, aggression, pessimism, and out of control behaviors towards family members. As the fruitful yarn comes to an end, we succumb to self-hate within remorse, become prone to violence within substance abuse, are taken over by despair, and indulge in fatal habits. It is only through the fruitful yarn that we are held together and able to continue past the Pop! In the spiritual yarn we persevere in nerve-wracking situations by the spirit of love, peace, and faith.

The soft yarn enabling the opening of our inner life is wound so tight after a thousand yards, Pop! we become closed to fruitful blossoms within our mental, emotional, and physical responses.Having a constructive attitude at work, in the home, and in public really does relate to how we feel on the inside. As long as the soft yarn of the spiritual fruit is alive in us then we will always continue in a constructive way when we are on the verge of the Pop! In contrast, when we become wound so tight that fruitful attitudes are scarce then tragic consequences manifest over basic necessities, at work, at home, and in public places. Being at the end of the yarn, where the Pop! is nerve-wracking, leads to out of control behaviors through impatience which can lead to fatal results. However, we have another option when the Pop! sounds. That option is to maintain self-control in agitating situations knowing that self-control keeps us on a civil destination. Then to convey patience knowing patience enables us to maintain our inward fruitculness. And to persevere in fruitful attitudes knowing that perseverance keeps us going fruitfully when nerve-wracking situations assail us.