News 10

Hello Lovelies!!! weeeelllll Vik couldn't stay dead, I couldn't do it I love Vik too much too but I figured something out.... good news (Maybe???) but the book is almost over!!!!!!!(2-3 chps maybe?) sooooooo You'll get to meet the semxy beast that broke our little Pheo's (Zach?) heart!!! I still need someone to play Pheo, help!! Enjoy meh Lovelies (Super duper sorry for the late update)

~Skyes

~~~~

Five weeks, I sat by Vik's bed, chewing nervously on my thumb nail, tears burning like acid. My skin felt numb and cold, the steady non-stop beating of the heart monitor and the constant hissing of the oxygen. It all just made everything all the more real.

I looked at Vik, her once lightly tanned skin was turning a light crème color, the blue veins in her arms showing slightly Under the paling skin.

The door opened and Belle stepped through tears flowing freely, I stared blankly at her before turning back to Vik. Swallowing hard, I fought the tears and held Viktoria's soft and pale hand, the tears broke free falling softly onto her hand.

"You know she won't get any better by you just sitting here you know." Belle spoke meaningfully "And you'll just get sicker by sitting here, you're not eating, you're not sleeping, and you're slowly getting really sick." I stayed silent and for once she didn't argue. But she said something that struck me.

"You're acting like a wolf whose lost his mate." she said as she turned to leave.

"I failed." I spoke softly but I know she heard me by the way she stiffened. " I promised to fucking protect her and I fucking failed." I hissed brokenly, I felt sick to my stomach as I turned from Vik to look at Belle her face full of shock.

"The worst part about me failing her is she knew something would happen. She knew I'd fail." I spoke, my voice broken. Instead of the usual happiness it was filled with regret, fear, and disappointment.

"You promised to protect her?" I nodded slowly and gripped Vik's hand tighter, needing the reassurance that she was still there, still breathing, still real and not a dream. Belle sighed and yanked me closer to her, her searing blood-red alpha eyes burned into mine. She blinked then bit into her lip.

"Ok Phoenix this is really important," her tone felt cold and worried so i nodded slowly.

"Is she your mate?" I shook my head and she sighed, a even more worried look filled her eyes. "Did your mate reject you?" I swallowed harshly tears brimming my eyes, slowly I nodded even though it hurt my soul to think about Declan. Belle sighed and cursed harshly under her breath.

"This makes so much sense." she muttered and I gave her a beyond confused look. she looked at me and bit her lip. "the reason you were so close to Vik since the beginning, you soul found one more broken then it's own and attached it's self creating the illusion it was complete, with only a connection a mate could give but all it felt was the need to protect the broken soul from getting more broken, nothing more just as it's protector. Because no mater how much the soul formed to your own it could never fulfill the mating connection. No matter how close you got. Your soul would only see it to the point of protection." she said biting into her lip. I jumped at a knock on the door and Daniel stepped through his teeth sinking into his bottom lip.

"Hey guys there's something we found today, after all the testing...." He took a deep breath and cleared his throat. "Well Viktoria was raped, you know that right?" I flinched, just another painful reminder that I wasn't there and didn't protect her, tears welled in my eyes as I nodded. "Well the um... the attacker didn't wear protection. She- She's pregnant." I whimpered and it felt like my heart exploded in my chest, an intense burn and itch set across my skin, sending goosebumps jumping up on my skin.