Phoenix, Arizona 2

Viktoria!! ------->

The good-bye with my dad took forever, I saw him cry for the first time. And that hurt.

He looked so fragile yet he looked like one of the strongest men ever. I just hoped one day that I could be like him. One day.

~~~~

Getting off the plane was a pain. It took me forever to get through and I had to wait an hour before the pack and sent someone to pick me up.

At least my pack would've sent someone early, who knows I could've tried to off myself while I was just sitting there! Not the point anymore. Now I'm sitting at someone's house, someone I've never met before and I'm just sitting awkwardly on their steps waiting for them. Ten minutes passed and a man came, he looked quite young with black hair and bluish green eyes.

"Hi there, you must be Phoenix? I'm Dr. Daniel Rose." he held out his hand and I took it and started to shake it but he pulled me from my seat and into his arms for a hug, his arms wrapped around me and he dwarfed my small frame. I awkwardly patted his middle back and pulled away.

"Um.. We should get inside." I said, the heat was making me agitated, he nodded and gestured for me to follow him. He unlocked the house and opened the house causing a cold blast of air hit us, making me shiver. A small chuckle from Dr. Rose drew my attention to him as he coasted into a big room with a desk, two bookshelves filled full, and degrees scattered across the walls. "Wow." I said as I looked around the room he smiled and grabbed my arm as he left the room and I followed him up the stairs.

"This is your room." he opened the door and boxes scattered the dark blue room, a cherry wood desk, dresser and bookcase sat in corners against the walls while the bed was king sized and pressed sideways against the wall under the window.

"Thanks Dr. Rose." I said smiling as I walked in and sat on the bed and looked around, the room was a decent size and nowhere near small.

"Phoenix, it's Daniel or Danny whichever you prefer, but not Dr. Rose. We will be living together for a while and a first name basis is needed." he said as I nodded "Well I'm just going to let you get settled and unpack Tomorrow we have our first session and in a month you go back to school for your..."

"Junior year." his mouth opened into a small 'o' and I pressed my lips together nodding.

"Ok um, get some rest." he said as he left. I grabbed a smaller box and pulled it into my lap. opening it I grabbed out some of the drawings I made. I looked around the new room.

"This is what it's going to be like from now on." I fell back on my bare bed and flipped through the pictures of my family and some of the wolves from the pack.

One black one stood out, the way his fur moved naturally made it look all the more real. And my heart broke as I looked at my mate. The mate that rejected me.

~~~~

I woke up early thanks to Daniel, the sessions were starting early. Way too early in my taste and feel.

Now we were sitting in his office as he inspected my frail body and drew blood. He told me that this was searching for signs of the beta gene and so far no signs or symptoms. Great.

"Ok now that that's done let's ask some questions." I nodded and raked my top teeth over my bottom lip.

"Have you ever tried to commit suicide before." I nodded sheepishly and showed him my wrists, which were covered in scars. He sighed and I blushed.

"Cutting isn't the same as trying to commit suicide but it's a leading factor." he said as he scribbled something on a note pad and looked at the recorder to make sure it was still recording. I sighed and he gave me a small smile, I gave him a tight smile in return and swallowed harshly.